Philips Dimmer Remote not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips Dimmer Remote not working.

I have several Philips dimmer remotes, but only one of them with problems.
    The remote status is not updated in HS.
    So it seems that it was not working. But in deconz it seemed fine and was blinking when i push a button.

In Deconz i tryed putting a lamp in the same group as the dimmer remote and it can operate the bulb just fine.

But in HS the status is still not updating.
    I have tryed deleting it in HS and jowihue recreates it just fine, but still no update when pusing buttons.

i have also tryed changing the name of the dimmer in Deconz and it changes fine in HS.
    So they seems to be 'linked' just fine.

Comment

Lars,

Could you do a detailed trace for me, including the start of the plugin and then presses on the dimmerswitch that is not responding? After that, close the logging and send the result to my private mail address?

It might be a bit before I have a solution, need to solve creatgin the double devices first, and that is a stubborn one

Thanks,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Mail with log sent.

Comment

Another Philips Dimmer remote stopped working today.
          Here the same workaround is working, where i put the most important light bulb in the same group as the dimmer remote in DeCONZ. This is far from optimal.

Comment

I have something similar happening. In trying to get the Xiaomi stuff working, I have restarted deCONZ a number of times. Twice now, over the last couple of days. deCONZ sort of forgets about a Hue dimmer and recreates it with a new name. Everything else seems to be the same, as JowiHue continues to use the same devices, but the names have all been changed. Since most of my scripts use names, it breaks those. It is easy to fix, just change the device names in HS3.

Comment

My Philips dimmer is working fine in DeCONZ. Its only in HS the problem exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Now my first Philips dimmer is working again.
                Nothing updated on DeCONZ or HS3.

Comment

New correction.
                  They are both working again.

But a problem when it is so unstable.

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
                    I have something similar happening. In trying to get the Xiaomi stuff working, I have restarted deCONZ a number of times. Twice now, over the last couple of days. deCONZ sort of forgets about a Hue dimmer and recreates it with a new name. Everything else seems to be the same, as JowiHue continues to use the same devices, but the names have all been changed. Since most of my scripts use names, it breaks those. It is easy to fix, just change the device names in HS3.
                    Bill,

I am seeing the same also. It seems to be correlated with a github issue where deCONZ could lockup in certain situations. As a workaround - not definitive solution - deCONZ restarts itself if it recognizes the lockup. But a side effect of that is loosing names now and then. it is under the attention of the developers of deCONZ.

Thanks,

Wim
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by ldplusse View Post
                      New correction.
                      They are both working again.

But a problem when it is so unstable.
                      Lars,

I am sure we will get it stable. But for now I have a hard time seeing the issue. In the log deCONZ is not sending commands from the dimmer to the plugin. That suggests that deCONZ is no longer having connection with the dimmerswitch. You can check this by opening the deconz intrface and pressing the button on the dimmerswitch, you should see a blinking dot on the dimerswitch device in deCONZ simultaniously. If it does not blink, the connection is corrupted. You can repair it by resetting the dimmeswitch, holding it near the Conbee while scanning for devices.

There is lots of possiblities with the dimmer switch, that might cause the switch to leave the network, one of them is holding the on button for more then 10 seconds. The switch will then 'grab' one of the nearest lights, but then also leave the deCONZ network and thus the plugin out of control....

Wim

*edit* One of the nicest features with the dimmer switch is when you need to move lights to a different gateway.... hold the dimmerswitch close to the light ot move and press both on and off button for 10 seconds. After that you will see the light blink a few times and switch to on.... then scan for devices on the (new) gateway and you can find the light without the need to hold the gateway near the light...
                      -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        Lars,

I am sure we will get it stable. But for now I have a hard time seeing the issue. In the log deCONZ is not sending commands from the dimmer to the plugin. That suggests that deCONZ is no longer having connection with the dimmerswitch. You can check this by opening the deconz intrface and pressing the button on the dimmerswitch, you should see a blinking dot on the dimerswitch device in deCONZ simultaniously. If it does not blink, the connection is corrupted. You can repair it by resetting the dimmeswitch, holding it near the Conbee while scanning for devices.

There is lots of possiblities with the dimmer switch, that might cause the switch to leave the network, one of them is holding the on button for more then 10 seconds. The switch will then 'grab' one of the nearest lights, but then also leave the deCONZ network and thus the plugin out of control....

Wim

*edit* One of the nicest features with the dimmer switch is when you need to move lights to a different gateway.... hold the dimmerswitch close to the light ot move and press both on and off button for 10 seconds. After that you will see the light blink a few times and switch to on.... then scan for devices on the (new) gateway and you can find the light without the need to hold the gateway near the light...
                        THe Dimmer was working the hole time from within DeCONZ. It was blinking correct and as i wrote i could control light with it by putting lights in the same group as the dimmer in DeCONZ. That was my 'workaround'.
                        I am now back to HS controlling it.

Comment

Working...
                        X