Small but niggling problem with latest upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small but niggling problem with latest upgrade

Not a moan, but a heads up for HE users.

If you have chosen to use on/off status for devices rather than values - the latest upgrade reverts to values and 'breaks' the installation.
    Just tick the box again and all will be back as it was.

Hi Ritchie

Other than that issue, was the upgrade painless?

As ever, I am kinda reluctant to take an upgrade (to anything!) that I dont *really* need...

David
    ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

David,

The latest version 12.0.0.29 will use the old method for HomeEasy using numbers by default.
      See this thread for all changes and additions in the different versions: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=126783
      The most important additions are the Virtual Sensors for daily and instant usage and High/Low temperature and Humidity sensors.

HomeEasy:
      If you select the new method it is now much easier to use the HomeEasy remotes and wall switches as they give now On/Off and Dim status. However for each remote or unit on a HE300 and for Group commands you will get a seperate device in the Input dev. configuration. But you have not to deal with numbers anymore in Events but with On/Off/Dim.

Bert

Comment

Yes, go for the latest version, it does not cause any problems - it cures the issue about using HE remotes and having to press the buttons twice, but only if you convert to on/off rather than values. I am convinced that is a HS problem, not Berts.
        I haven't had the chance yet to convert back, or at least try one device to confirm that - I will do soon
        I just wish I had access to the RFX devices to insert my Cumulas data into -that would be real snacky for charting

Comment

Working...
        X