Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices heard and maximum amount of input devices

Hi Bert/All,

I just added input device number 99 and expected the RFXcom plugin to add a new house code to continue adding devices.
    As this didn't occur, can I conclude that only 99 input devices are available in the RFXcom plugin?

I use 310mhz M16A motion sensors, defined as x10 modules in the output list. Today I found that they also are visible in the "add devices" list as regular AC[xxxxxx] on/off modules. Is this correct (I remember this not being the case for the MS13 433.92 mhz modules) ?
    Also, certain input devices still show up in the "add devices" list even though they are already defined as RFXcom input devices. This appears to only affect devices that had the batteries changed recently.

Alex
    Last edited by DomeAdept; December 4, 2010, 01:45 PM.

99 devices per HC is a limit in Homeseer. I have requested the HS people to extend this number to 999, up to now no positive answer.

Before you add Input devices you have to clear the Heard list. Due to RF noise you will see a lot of sensors that are in fact no real sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
      Before you add Input devices you have to clear the Heard list. Due to RF noise you will see a lot of sensors that are in fact no real sensors.
      Understood and have been doing that from the beginning, but it is not what I was wondering about:

With MS13 units, I never see them in the input devices heard list (that's why they have to be defined as x10 ouput devices, right ?)
      With MS16 units (310mhz) I see them as AC devices in that same heard list, and actually can add them as input devices. Would this mean I don't have to define them as x10 devices ?

Alex

Comment

Working...
      X