RFXCOM virtual device stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFXCOM virtual device stopped working

I have a virtual device which adds up the total power for the day, and another one the total power overall of an electricity monitor. That's been working fine for months. Today all of a sudden the virtual device showing the total power of the day is showing 0, the one which shows the overall power is showing communication failure ? And I do have a value in the power monitor. I don't understand how a device which adds up the total can have a comms failure... I tried resetting the daily total one but that didn't help. I also have rebooted my HS3, didn't help either. All my RFXCOM devices, temperature sensors, electricity sensors are working fine.
    Attached Files

Which device is connected to Total power?
    Please post the RFXCOM tab of the device config page.

Comment

Ok here are the RFXcom pages for all 3 devices:

first total power today, next is today power, then the sensor
      Attached Files

Comment

is the battery almost empty in the CM180i ?

Comment

I think it might be. I never created the battery device for it, but just done that and its showing 1%
          So will change the batteries tonight and see if that was the problem

Actually that just changed to 'Battery OK', so its not the battery after all

Comment

I think its all come back. I had another electicity monitor, with also comms failure, but that battery was dead. I canged it, and all of a sudden everything came back. These devices are not linked in any way, so dont really understand why this happened, but it looks as if all is back tomorrow. I wont know for sure until tomorrow as one of them monitors my solar panels, so need to wait until dayligt to be sure.

Comment

Some sensors produce RF noise if the battery is almost empty and this signal will block other sensors.

The plug-in has a battery device which is normally hidden and becomes visible at the moment the battery status changes to low. You will also receive a message in the Input message panel or Security message panel.
              Best is to add the battery device for all sensors that support the battery low indication.

Especially useful for the X10 and Visonic security sensors so that you can change the battery before it is fully exhausted.

Comment

Working...
              X