X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyHS Remote Access - Logs in as GUEST?

Why is my remote access through

https://myhs.homeseer.com/

Always logging me in as a GUEST. I cannot manage my system.

I try to use the LOG OFF menu option and then it just hangs and does not ask me to log back in.

I cannot use this web access to manage my system if it always logs me in as GUEST.

I've also tried this on both Google Chrome and the new MS Edge browsers. I click on Log Off and it redirects to https://connected11.homeseer.com/ that comes up as a BLANK page. I press refresh and it poops up with web access as GUEST??

Is this normal behavior?

Rich

Login to HS3 locally with your admin account and have a look at your user accounts to see if that account is marked as a guest account.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The web access does not use the same User Names as we setup in the HS3 under the network tab. It insist on using an email address.

I even tried to add the email address as a User in HS3 under the Network tab and it still does not use my access permission settings.

What it does seem to do is use what ever User and its permissions when it does get access.

1) If I log OFF locally and access the system LOCALLY I get GUEST user name that pops up.

2) I then login via the WEB and it also gets GUEST user name and access rights.

3) I close the remote web session

4) I login LOCALLY with my account name and I have full admin rights and I see my name at the top as the user.

5) I then re-login on the WEB and there is my user name at the top and I have full admin rights??

So it seems that the WEB access at

https://myhs.homeseer.com

does not actually have to have an account on the HS3 system and that it will use whomever is the most recent persons access name and rights that last logged in locally??

Comment

When a myHomeSeer account is created it should have created an admin user with the same user account name as your myHomeSeer account. If this didn't happen you can either create the user yourself or put in a support ticket to support@homeseer.com and have them delete your account so you can recreate it which should solve this issue.

Comment

I have tried to create an account with the same email address used to login and it does have admin privileges and even the same password. However, it still logs in as the last person access. If I logged off, it loges in as guest. If I login as Richard with admin rights, then the account shown after the web login is Richard... Not the email address...

Comment

Both Google Chrome and MS Edge browsers are giving me trouble.

I click on [Tools] [Log Out] and I then either get the login where I put my user name and password in multiple times, over and over, and with any luck I eventually get logged in. Most of the time the page refreshes asking me for my login again.

http://myinternaliphere/logo

If I delete the "/logo" portion of the link I typically get the GUEST user as logged in. Sometimes if I'm lucky, I get my account.

I am concerned that even a GUEST page open. Isn't there a way to prevent GUEST access?

Comment

Originally posted by rjbur View Post
              I have tried to create an account with the same email address used to login and it does have admin privileges and even the same password. However, it still logs in as the last person access. If I logged off, it loges in as guest. If I login as Richard with admin rights, then the account shown after the web login is Richard... Not the email address...
              Where are you logging in? You will want to login here:
              and there's no reason to log out of HS3 at the web site level.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Where are you logging in? You will want to login here:
                and there's no reason to log out of HS3 at the web site level.
                I'm on my local network at home....

Seems that when I use the remote access through HS network its logging in with what ever user was last logged in locally once it actually connect to my system. That would be GUEST if I'm having my login issue locally or RICHARD, my account if I'm successful in finally getting it to allow me to login.

Lets assume that my login using the HS Portal is:

myhs3account@gmail.com

I have made sure that under the NETWORK / USER there are two accounts created that also use the same password as I use for the portal:

myhs3account@gmail.com

myhs3account

I have also made sure they are both "admin" accounts.

It does not seem to matter, it shows the HS page with GUEST or RICHARD, what ever was last active locally. Could possibly be one of my family member accounts as well I guess...

----------

I have multiple accounts created for various family members with varying access rights granted, so yes I do need to logoff and on to check these locally.

Also, I was forced to when HS3 decided to login as GUEST so I had to logoff guest and try and try and try and try and eventually get it to allow me in as RICHARD....

------------

Ideally I would like an option to NEVER allow a GUEST access to my system.

It seems that if the user name or password is wrong or for some reason not liked by the HS system and I refresh the page, I get a GUEST account access page.

Scary that a GUEST can control my home locally if on my local network and I don't want them to (assuming they know how to access my system)...

Rich

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X