www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Ultilities (Plug-ins) > Utilities Discussion > Tasker Plugin (3P)

Tasker Plugin (3P) Discussions related to the Tasker plugin by Tonlof.

Old May 1st, 2018, 07:54 PM
Seer Deluxe

Pushing event to phone issues

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android 8.0.0. I have set up tasker, autoremote on my phone as well as tasker within HS. I have enabled tasker in the accessibility options. Now I wrote a test event on my phone to turn a light on in the house. It works when connected to the home network or outside the home network. So there isn't any connectivity issues between the two devices. However when I try to say "Control - Send Text Popup" of some random characters I get an autoremote message pop up on the bottom of my phone:

"Received Message from
Unknown: Text: "ref=1222
popup=:=test"
Password: "1234"

I made up the password...but it's the same password within autoremote as I set up in the HS tasker setup for the device.

Any idea why autoremote event won't trigger tasker?
Old May 2nd, 2018, 02:42 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android 8.0.0. I have set up tasker, autoremote on my phone as well as tasker within HS. I have enabled tasker in the accessibility options. Now I wrote a test event on my phone to turn a light on in the house. It works when connected to the home network or outside the home network. So there isn't any connectivity issues between the two devices. However when I try to say "Control - Send Text Popup" of some random characters I get an autoremote message pop up on the bottom of my phone:

"Received Message from
Unknown: Text: "ref=1222
popup=:=test"
Password: "1234"

I made up the password...but it's the same password within autoremote as I set up in the HS tasker setup for the device.

Any idea why autoremote event won't trigger tasker?
Hi Conrad, check that you have Allow External Access in MISC tab, also make sure that you have exit tasker after importing the projectfiles. Check that Tasker is not set to sleep in android battery settings. Also make sure that you have a task named POPUP
Tonlof | Sweden
Old May 2nd, 2018, 03:18 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonlof View Post
Hi Conrad, check that you have Allow External Access in MISC tab, also make sure that you have exit tasker after importing the projectfiles. Check that Tasker is not set to sleep in android battery settings. Also make sure that you have a task named POPUP
I do have it set to allow external access in misc tab, also set to "unmonitored apps" in the battery settings so they can use as much power and the app power monitor will not stop it. This is for Tasker and Autoremote both. There is a task named POPUP within HS3 addons, when I run it, it comes up with "%par2" as the popup. So all is well there.

The only question I have is this:

Quote:
make sure that you have exit tasker after importing the projectfiles
Can you clarify? As this may be the source of my problem.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 03:28 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Can you clarify? As this may be the source of my problem.
Every time when changes are done in tasker you may exit or force the save process. In later tasker releases there is also a apply changes button that can be used. One more thing to check under Android settings / Accessibility where you will find Tasker, make sure it's turned on.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 12:36 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonlof View Post
Every time when changes are done in tasker you may exit or force the save process. In later tasker releases there is also a apply changes button that can be used. One more thing to check under Android settings / Accessibility where you will find Tasker, make sure it's turned on.
Ah yes any changes I have made I have exited out of tasker and gone back in to ensure those changes were made. I have checked under Accessibility and yes Tasker is enabled.

It's odd as I can create a test event in Tasker:

Variable Set
Name: %HSSetdevice value To 99
Variable Set
Name: %HsRef To 146

And it will turn on the lights in the loft, however from within the Homeseer Webcontrol if I try to Vibrate, Home, Send text popup, I just get a Autoremote message on the bottom of my phone that I mentioned earlier. It won't actually trigger a task. So it seems like it's an issue with Autoremote communicating with Tasker on my phone, while it seems to be fine going the other way, from Tasker through Autoremote to my HS system. Does this make sense?
Old May 10th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Seer Deluxe

Any idea? It feels as if it's an Autoremote communicating with Tasker issue to me?
Old May 10th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Any idea? It feels as if it's an Autoremote communicating with Tasker issue to me?
Hello,

Do you have an older phone to test with? Otherwise it may be the Android version and phone not being rooted. Not sure but I pass it on to Tony.

Eman