Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TUTORIAL: Setup your Amazon Echo UK to talk to HomeSeer (Workaround)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
    it works now !! thanks
    Great, now use Jon00 Alexa Helper!
    Jon

Comment

This is what I planned haha. . BuT need to wait because we have power outage here for the next 3hours .

Comment

Thanks Jon... Can't believe I missed that.

That being said, redoing my dev skill with "Leena" doesn't work when I tell it instructions to do. However, if I say tell Leena and just wait, it does come back with "You've started a session with your homeseer - what would you like?". Using the default HS skill works without issue. I thought it might need voice training and re-did that, but still nothing. I may try a different name...
        Very weird considering it worked without issue literally for a year....

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I was wondering if the procedure in the original post can be updated to reflect the change in creating a custom skill. Amazon has totally revamped their custom skill creation pages.

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Where can I see my custom skill in the alexa account ?

I have a few issues with my Alexas. I had to unlink my Homeseer skill v3 and relink. As I am still having issues, I want to make sure not to accidentially disable my custom skill. Or if I (or amazon) do, I want to know how to relink it...
            Looking at my alexa app, I can see a Michaels Alexa Homeseer plug in. Its offline, and set to a US address (I'm in the UK). But could that be the custom skill ?
            The Alexa helper is working fine on 2 of my Alexas, but I am having issues with a Echo 2 showing as offline and not being linked to Homeseer when queried. I am trying to resolve this with amazon but so far no luck... just want to avoid loosing the voice control on the other 2 working Alexas...

Comment

As I am interested in using Jon00's helper script I thought I would have a go at building this skill.
              The development screens seem to bear little resembalnce to the tutorial at the beginning of this thread. Is it me or have Amazon changed everything?

Comment

The change in the dev skill process has been mentioned before. I'm not going to touch mine in fear of losing a working skill. If you do figure it out, please post the solution. You could also try sending a PM to Sgt. Shultz
                Jon

Comment

How are you guys now getting around the "literal" issue when creating a custom development skill?
                  HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                  X