Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MeiHarmonyHub version 3.0.3.12 (beta) is now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not around and watching for the plug-in to fail all day long. That is what the logs are for so you can look through the log and see what times things happen or don't happen. I am very discouraged because I have sent you multiple logs and no resolution. This whole process is very frustrating and again I don't hang out all day waiting for the plug-in to fail. And again that is the kind of information your log provides. It gives times and what is going on at that time. Have you looked at my other log file above and also the log file in the other thread? Again, the plug-in crashed. The hub and its wifi connection are working fine. I don't appear to be the only one with this issue. Again it seems the longer this plug-in runs, the worse it gets. Are there any timing settings in the plug-in that can be adjusted to see if this helps at all. Timing settings for one persons setup may not be ideal for another persons setup. Personally I don't think your debug code is catching the errors in the log that are actually happening in these cases that are being reported by myself and others. Thoughts on these issues are appreciated....Rick
    Last edited by Rick Bonari; May 24, 2018, 08:43 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
      I am not around and watching for the plug-in to fail all day long. That is what the logs are for so you can look through the log and see what times things happen or don't happen. I am very discouraged because I have sent you multiple logs and no resolution. This whole process is very frustrating and again I don't hang out all day waiting for the plug-in to fail. And again that is the kind of information your log provides. It gives times and what is going on at that time. Have you looked at my other log file above and also the log file in the other thread? Again, the plug-in crashed. The hub and its wifi connection are working fine. I don't appear to be the only one with this issue. Again it seems the longer this plug-in runs, the worse it gets. Are there any timing settings in the plug-in that can be adjusted to see if this helps at all. Timing settings for one persons setup may not be ideal for another persons setup. Personally I don't think your debug code is catching the errors in the log that are actually happening in these cases that are being reported by myself and others. Thoughts on these issues are appreciated....Rick
      I responded to the first log because you posted it first. You said it didn't send commands when it said it was connected which leads me to believe you were actually around when that happened (otherwise how would you know?).

That specific log in and of itself did not provide me any information that even showed me where it would not have been connected but no commands went through.

I'm sorry if you're not happy with the support. I'm doing my best to reproduce the issues, but I have been running since .12 was release without issue (a few forceful disconnects, but they immediately reconnect). I have over 40 users using this plugin and only 3 have had this issue. I'm dedicated to fixing it, but since I can't reproduce it, the best I can do is keep adding logs and having people try again until hopefully the logs

I appreciate you hanging on this long, but if it's that much trouble, I would understand if you decided to not use the plugin*. I'm doing my best to juggle a full time job, a family, and these plugins. This is a trying time of the year because school is ending and my kids are getting out and my wife (who is a teacher) has lots of extra work to do.

This may not be fixed in 1 version or 3. I will have to keep adding debug logging until I can track it down.

*Edit: I see you purchased the plugin already above. If we find it won't work out for you, then I'll either see if HS can give you a refund or I'll paypal you the full cost of the plugin back to you.
      Last edited by sirmeili; May 24, 2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

It just seems to keep getting worse. Today the plug-in crashed and caused a windows error where it said plug-in had stopped working. Noticed also that it messed up the operation of the Homeseer Software. It seems that the longer the plug-in runs the worse it gets? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I have included another log file for the errors occurring today. Please also see the log files in my posts above. Hope this can be worked out because the way it is working now it isn't much use. Thanks Again.....Rick
        I don't necessarily see where it crashed, but I have an idea. At 4:26:25pm it started, but it had a failed connection less than a second before that. That makes me wonder if the plugin crashed an HS tried to start it back up.

All the other disconnect seem to be intentional from the plugin management screen (Could be you were restarting it to get it working again?). I see, just from today, plugin restarts at:

10:49am
        10:53am
        10:55am
        10:56am
        2:40pm
        2:41pm
        3:50pm
        4:26pm (there is the one above, but another in that same minute where the plugin is stopped and started)

I'm curious if this is you stopping the plugin or if maybe I need to see if HS itself is trying to stop the plugin.

If you know the time of the plugin crash or when you noticed it, that would be helpful in narrowing where in the log file to look for any issues.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly when it happened but I viewed the windows error box message between about 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM. I also did disconnect and reconnect the plug-in manually several times using the device management screen. I am not sure the exact time it actually crashed. I was on one of my clients controlling the plugin and wasn't viewing homeseer machine at that time. Also are you running version .435 of homeseer software. Also I am running windows 7 on hometroller s6 pro. Hopefully you will be able to isolate the problem. It would be interesting to see what the three or so of us that are having this issue have in common as far as our homeseer system hardware and software profiles go? Thanks again....Rick

Comment

I'm not sure exactly when it happened but I viewed the windows error box message between about 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM. I also did disconnect and reconnect the plug-in manually several times using the device management screen. I am not sure the exact time it actually crashed. I was on one of my clients controlling the plugin and wasn't viewing homeseer machine at that time. Also are you running version .435 of homeseer software. Also I am running windows 7 on hometroller s6 pro. Hopefully you will be able to isolate the problem. It would be interesting to see what the three or so of us that are having this issue have in common as far as our homeseer system hardware and software profiles go? Thanks again....Rick
            Yes, I have been on .435 for almost 2 weeks without issue so far.

Comment

Is there anything you can see that the few of us that are having this problem have in common when it comes to our hardware, software and plug-in profiles? Also please see my logs in thread "lattest version of plug-in" Thanks Rick
              Last edited by Rick Bonari; May 24, 2018, 10:55 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Hello Frank,

I have the same problems with forcuful disconnects.
                Have 2 hubs connected.
                Sometimes only 1 sometimes both hubs.
                Most of the times serveral times a day but also possible 2 or 3 day with no disconnets
                Most of the times it starts working again after disable and enabling the plugin.
                today changed for testing "maximum missed hartbeats" from 1 to 2
                See now that it's reconnecting after a wile. bush later disconts again.
                for example today
                disconnect hub 1 - 07:55
                restart plugin 08:11
                both hubs working
                disconnect hub 2 - 12:10
                restart plugin - 13:48 (hub 2 still not working)
                auto connection hub 2 - 14:12
                disconnect hub 2 - 14:33

debug logging is on

Hope you can solve the problem.
                i'm verry happy with the reaction speed of your plugin (when it works).

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul vdK View Post
                  Hello Frank,

I have the same problems with forcuful disconnects.
                  Have 2 hubs connected.
                  Sometimes only 1 sometimes both hubs.
                  Most of the times serveral times a day but also possible 2 or 3 day with no disconnets
                  Most of the times it starts working again after disable and enabling the plugin.
                  today changed for testing "maximum missed hartbeats" from 1 to 2
                  See now that it's reconnecting after a wile. bush later disconts again.
                  for example today
                  disconnect hub 1 - 07:55
                  restart plugin 08:11
                  both hubs working
                  disconnect hub 2 - 12:10
                  restart plugin - 13:48 (hub 2 still not working)
                  auto connection hub 2 - 14:12
                  disconnect hub 2 - 14:33

debug logging is on

Hope you can solve the problem.
                  i'm verry happy with the reaction speed of your plugin (when it works).

Paul
                  Paul,

After it runs for a day, zip up the logs and include them here and I'll take a look at them. Also, can you please provide me with specifics about your system (Windows or Linux, Version of OS, Version of HomeSeer, what other plugins are installed, etc).

I believe there is a screen in Homeseer on the about page that you can just copy and paste. Go to http://[ip.of.your.machine]/help. For instance: http://192.168.1.100/help. You'll see the section callled "System Profile" and the Message board section below that is what you want to copy/past.

@All, if everyone can do that, it would be helpful. If you dont' want to post it on this thread, you can PM me it, but it shouldn't contain any private information.

Comment

I have copied my Homeseer specific information below. Also I am curious. Do the people that have this problem only have one hub connected?. Maybe the plug-in has an issue with one hub only. Seems most are using more than one hub connected to the plug-in. Just a thought. I will send more logs as issues arise. Thanks again for your support !!!!! Rick

I had a couple of devices that were sending information to the homeseer log every couple of seconds. I am wondering if this could be causing an issue with the harmony hub plug-in. I disabled logging for these two devices and plug-in seems to be working ok. I will keep tabs on it and let you know what happens. Do you think this could be causing some issues with the harmony hub plug-in?

Current Date/Time: 5/25/2018 9:35:03 PM
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
                    System Uptime: 4 Days 21 Hours 18 Minutes 48 Seconds
                    IP Address: 192.XXX.XX.XX
                    Number of Devices: 76
                    Number of Events: 37
                    Available Threads: 200
                    HSTouch Enabled: True
                    Event Threads: 0
                    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                    Device Exec Queue: 0
                    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                    Email Send Queue: 0
                    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    3.5.17070.213: GTS CPUXA
                    1.3.0.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
                    2.0.2.2: JowiHue
                    3.0.3.12: MeiHarmonyHub
                    3.0.1.25: Z-Wave
                    Last edited by Rick Bonari; May 25, 2018, 11:56 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

I continue to have errors with this plug-in. My log is attached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I tried an experiment. When the plugin was running I manually disconnected with the device manager page and it did disconnect. Then I went to connect with the device manager page and it would not connect. Had to disable and enable plugin again to get everything connected and working. This leads me to believe that there is something flaky with the connect/disconnect processes. Again when the plugin can't reconnect the phone app is connected and works fine. This would indicate an issue with the plugin. It may be true it works on most systems but it looks like there is some kind of borderline timing issue that makes it not work for some users.

Is there a way to force plugin to connect other than disabling and reenabling the plugin?

Your thoughts on the issues above are much appreciated !!!!!!! Rick

Comment

Just wondering about my harmony hub hardware and software. It is a new harmony hub only with no remotes. Just wondering if the harmony hub hardware and software version are different from what others are using? Also are there software updates available for the harmony hub itself? Haven't seen anything regarding this? Any thoughts on this are much appreciated. Also please see previous post. Are there different versions or models of harmony hubs? I have seen some references to harmony hub ultimate. Just wondering what model of harmony hub those people that haven't been having issues with the plugin are using. Maybe this has more to do with our problems than the plugin? Just trying to cover all bases. Comments are much appreciated....Rick

Rick
                          Last edited by Rick Bonari; May 27, 2018, 10:32 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Just wondering about my harmony hub hardware and software. It is a new harmony hub only with no remotes. Just wondering if the harmony hub hardware and software version are different from what others are using? Also are there software updates available for the harmony hub itself? Haven't seen anything regarding this? Any thoughts on this are much appreciated. Also please see previous post. Are there different versions or models of harmony hubs? I have seen some references to harmony hub ultimate. Just wondering what model of harmony hub those people that haven't been having issues with the plugin are using. Maybe this has more to do with our problems than the plugin? Just trying to cover all bases. Comments are much appreciated....Rick

Rick

Sorry I've been MIA. Crazy weekend which left little time for computer time (surprise visit by out of town family).

if you want to check your hub version, you can connect to the hub via the app, click the hamburger menu in the top left -> About -> Versions.

My hub says it is on 4.15.105 of the "Hub Software".

What Harmony hub are you using? I have 4 Harmony Hub Commands and 1 Harmony Hub Ultimate. All of mine are from 2015 or 2014. I do believe though that they all use the same "Hub" equipment and only the remotes differ.

Comment

I tried an experiment. When the plugin was running I manually disconnected with the device manager page and it did disconnect. Then I went to connect with the device manager page and it would not connect. Had to disable and enable plugin again to get everything connected and working. This leads me to believe that there is something flaky with the connect/disconnect processes. Again when the plugin can't reconnect the phone app is connected and works fine. This would indicate an issue with the plugin. It may be true it works on most systems but it looks like there is some kind of borderline timing issue that makes it not work for some users.

Is there a way to force plugin to connect other than disabling and reenabling the plugin?

Your thoughts on the issues above are much appreciated !!!!!!! Rick
                              I will be investigating this. I've never been able to reproduce this, but it seems off. When you disconnect, the plugin should actually set the state in the communication object to disconnected at the very least. It should actually dispose of that object as it's no longer needed if you are disconnected. Either way the code should check for this, but obviously I've missed something. I'll double check it and if nothing looks off, I'll add a bunch of logging around it.

Comment

I have been experimenting with the global settings and have found something interesting. I changed the time between connection attempts to 7000 and the maximum missed heartbeats to 4.

I noticed that it disconnects but then reconnects on its own. Before when it failed it failed and stayed that way until the plugin was stopped and then started again. This is progress.
                                When it disconnects it doesn't stay disconnected very long and when it reconnects it works great. Again this is a big step ahead. I noticed when it disconnects, that it doesn't say forcefully disconnected.

It has been running now for a couple of days and I will keep monitoring it for any catastrophic failures.

I am thinking this might give you some ideas on where the real problem lies. Your comments on this experiment would be much appreciated...Rick
                                Last edited by Rick Bonari; May 30, 2018, 07:42 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Working...
                                X