ISY-26 versus ISY-99i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISY-26 versus ISY-99i

I am thinking of making the switch to the ISY (from the PLM) but I'd prefer to pay less than $299 for a new unit. It looks like I can purchase a refurbished ISY-26 on eBay for a lot less.

Does the new ISY plugin support the ISY-26, even though this model has been discontinued? If so - is there any functionality that will be lost? I'm looking to the ISY for low-level Insteon management: the ability to crawl my existing installation, the ability to delete old links in devices, and to configure device ramp rates and things like that easily. Will I be able to do these things with an ISY_26?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
    I am thinking of making the switch to the ISY (from the PLM) but I'd prefer to pay less than $299 for a new unit. It looks like I can purchase a refurbished ISY-26 on eBay for a lot less.

Does the new ISY plugin support the ISY-26, even though this model has been discontinued?
    Yes, the plug-in works fine with ISY-26.

If so - is there any functionality that will be lost? I'm looking to the ISY for low-level Insteon management: the ability to crawl my existing installation, the ability to delete old links in devices, and to configure device ramp rates and things like that easily. Will I be able to do these things with an ISY_26?
    The ISY-26 has less internal memory than the 99 series. Because of that, there are a few features that only work on the 99 series. Some that I'm aware of are:

1) Optional modules like Weatherbug and Energy monitoring are only available on 99 series.

2) Folder support for devices and scenes is only available on the 99 series.

3) I think that the network resources support is only available on the 99 series.

4) I believe the ISY-26's memory is now pretty much used up so any new features announced will likely be 99 series only.

All the Insteon device / scene support is available on the ISY-26. All the things you list will work fine on the ISY-26.

You can probably get a more comprehensive list of the differences directly from the UDI folks.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Excellent, thanks. It looks like I might be able to get an ISY-26 for around $80, so I think I will try that first.

Comment

Working...
      X