This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Mini External Modem Recommendations

I am looking for a mini USB modem to replace the previously recommended Rosewill modem.

Has anyone tried any of the following modems?

Zoom 3095-00-00G 56Kbps USB Mini External Modem
    U.S. Robotics USR5637 56Kbps USB High-performance V.92 modem
    Aluratek FileMate AWUM100F 56Kbps USB Mobile Modem
    StarTech USB56KEM2 56Kbps USB V.92 Fax Modem
    TRENDnet TFM-560U 56Kbps USB High Speed Fax Modem

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; June 5, 2011, 08:30 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Hey if you get another modem working with homeseer, please let us know. The THREE HUNDRED dollar solution available now is just not right fir me.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Trendnet OK Maybe - old post

I came across this old post which seems to talk about the Trendnet 560U - looks like maybe there was a problem but that you did a work-around in the plug-in to address it?

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=140783

Maybe the original author has more to add now that it's been several months.
      Last edited by ; January 22, 2011, 01:52 AM.

Comment

I sent an e-mail to all vendors above and only Zoom replied stating their modem supports caller ID in the US. I plan on picking up the Zoom 3095-00-00G 56Kbps USB Mini External Modem at BestBuy today and will test it with the UltraCID HSPI.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          I sent an e-mail to all vendors above and only Zoom replied stating their modem supports caller ID in the US. I plan on picking up the Zoom 3095-00-00G 56Kbps USB Mini External Modem at BestBuy today and will test it with the UltraCID HSPI.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Right on!!!

I look forward to your findings...

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Me also !

Oh Oh - just looked thru the reviews on BB site

"This is strictly a dial up modem. It has no telephone capability. My previous modems would function with various software programs for telephone dialing. This does not. Zoom support very slow but to the point. "This device will not do what you want it to do.""

Good luck...................
            Neil
            Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Zoom 3095-00-00G 56Kbps USB Mini External Modem Works!

I purchased the Zoom 3095-00-00G 56Kbps USB Mini External Modem from best buy. On my Windows 7 system, I just plug in the modem and let windows install the default drivers.

The modem supports caller ID, was able to drop a call and properly reported when a handset went off hook and on hook.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

EXCELLENT!!!

Does it work with HSPhone?

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                  EXCELLENT!!!

Does it work with HSPhone?
                  No.

Comment

Curious

Just curious - was Zoom the only company to reply...or the only reply that confirmed CID compatibility?

If other companies replied but either didn't mention CID or said directly that they don't support it, which ones?

this is just for my own info on other projects. Curious as to which companies were forthcoming and replied honestly saying they didn't do CID vs. those that didn't bother to reply at all and or declined to reply on point as to the CID capabilities.

Comment

Zoom was the only company to reply.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

I purchased a U.S. Robotics USR5637 56Kbps USB High-performance V.92 modem today, and wanted to report that it also works.

Comment

Hi,

I got a :
                          USB 56k MODEM External FAX V.92 V92 Conexant 93010

on ebay:
                          http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

for about 15bucks and it works great with this plugin.

Raptor
                          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

bump, so the working modem discussion stays prominent

Comment

I use huawei usb modems, the price is a little high, but it deserves.

Comment

Working...
                              X