Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I grab before a Fresh build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I grab before a Fresh build?

Due to the timing of selling my house a year ago and recently buying one its been about a year since my HSPro box was running. After salvaging a power supply from a scrap box. I've go this box up and running.

Looks like I've got 65 devices and 95 events according to HS. The 95 is right but I think it counts devices differently. I'd estimate more like 25. I've taken screen shots for reference but I plan on starting fresh. For several reasons I'm wiping it and starting over. I migrated from BeyondTV to XBMC during the past year and now it seems a new version of Homeseer just came out.

My question is for those who have started using the new HS3Pro beta. Like you I've paid the upgrade this past weekend and do plan on using HS3Pro. My stuff is straight Zwave. Is the beta stable enough to use? I'm not sure I want to rebuild using HSPro just to have to convert later considering that I've read this version does things very differently. If its useable, I don't mind playing with the new stuff even if the odd bug needs to get worked out.

My stuff consist of door sensors, motion/light/temp combos, wall light switches, wall plugs and a thermostat. I've left the thermostat in the old house but as luck would have it the new place has a zwave thermostat already in it. And a zwave dead bolt lock that I've never had in the old system.

Not sure if it matters but this box is an old XP box. I am considering buying a small box for this. If I do it would then have Win8 on it. While this box has enough horsepower to run HS and XBMC. It is old and not silent. For its day, it was very quiet but it was also in another room with cables coming out though a wall to my TV. I like a silent PC. I'm not sure I can run cable for that here. (I can and will for my Network storage but I'm not sure I can do so for this TV box.)

So with that in mind.

Is the beta stable enough to use with a pure zwave system?
    Is there anything else I should grab off the box before wiping it?

I do have a backup so I can always grab files even after wiping this, but sometimes its easier to get stuff from a live system. I figured I'd ask for opinions first before the wipe.

edit.
    whats with the links in my post? I never made any links.

The beta is beta and not ready for production. I would recommend backing up your entire HomeSeer folder in case you need anything later.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, already backed up just in case. But this is a new house. Its not like I can use the old stuff as is. I have to restart from scratch anyhow. All my stuff was taken out of the old one and will get reused as I start replacing switches and so forth in this house.

So its a good time to redo the computer that controls all this and a good time to make the switch. If I was still in the old house I would not bother with the beta and just wait. But as it is... why not. I just wish the beta was a few months into it instead of mere days. On the other hand you guys are good. I'm sure it would not be a released beta if it was completely unusable. I'm just looking for confirmation from other users.

You mentioned something in another thread to someone.....as for me....
      I know this was a presale. I don't mind. I bought it knowing the HS3 was still beta but also knowing I'll get the full ver when released. Seems it comes with Gearhouse too. That might help. New house and all. I sure I'll want some new hardware shortly.

Still there is time for anyone who has further opinions on it. I'll likely format it tonight and install xp. I likely won't get to Homeseer for a day or two.

Comment

Working...
      X