No announcement yet.

HS3 Vista Alarm plugin v3.0.0.10 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have been doing a lot of testing and I even recreated my devices. It seems that the Homeseer web page displays the icon and status text properly however both the Windows client (local) and the Android client don't change the status of only the two devices (Partition 1, Alarm System Status)

All other devices seem to be fine and change as they should. Is there anything different about these two devices?

Comment

Okay with the new version of the android client and new version of the designer released today I can confirm that other devices update the status properly. Even when using the StatusImages based on MatchValue

When I link an image's status tracking to any of your devices (Zone, RF Zone, or System Devices) the status tracking doesn't update in HStouch. If I simply change the statustracking to a different device everything works fine.

Not sure what is going on here but something is certainly off.

I am going to try to recreate a zone and an RF device to see if this helps

Comment

One real confirmable bug I want to mention with RF devices is the Do not log messages from this RF device checkbox is ticked and even when I uncheck this it doesn't save

Comment

Sorry to keep blowing this thread up...

So I did recreate the RF device and still it doesn't update either the default graphic or the StatusImage graphic. Since status updates are working for other devices and I get the same behavior in the windows and android client I think there is a bug here.

Comment

Are you entering all of these issues in Bugzilla as this is where the developers will look for issues.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Mark,

can confirm that the PI is in the store and licensing works and thanks for the price reduction for upgrading users.

I can't find the post on the bypass either but the bypass doesn't work for me when I do it from my alarm panel. It appears that when I set a bypass from the PI, it does the bypass on the system and shows it properly as bypassed in HS. I can then remove the bypass from the alarm console, HS get update properly, but I cannot SET a bypass from the alarm console. Of course it works on the alarm system but it doesn't show in HS.

There is a seconds item, this is more of a request. I have a motion sensor in my living room, where there is of course quite a bit of traffic.

Would it be possible to suppress these kind of HS log message?

Feb-16 8:10:46 AM Vista Alarm FAULT 10 LIVING ROOM MOTION
              Feb-16 8:08:14 AM
              Vista Alarm FAULT 10 LIVING ROOM MOTION
              Feb-16 8:08:11 AM
              Feb-16 8:08:07 AM

They tend to clog my log file quite a bit.

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                Hi Mark,

can confirm that the PI is in the store and licensing works and thanks for the price reduction for upgrading users.

I can't find the post on the bypass either but the bypass doesn't work for me when I do it from my alarm panel. It appears that when I set a bypass from the PI, it does the bypass on the system and shows it properly as bypassed in HS. I can then remove the bypass from the alarm console, HS get update properly, but I cannot SET a bypass from the alarm console. Of course it works on the alarm system but it doesn't show in HS.

There is a seconds item, this is more of a request. I have a motion sensor in my living room, where there is of course quite a bit of traffic.

Would it be possible to suppress these kind of HS log message?

Feb-16 8:10:46 AM Vista Alarm FAULT 10 LIVING ROOM MOTION
                Feb-16 8:08:14 AM
                Feb-16 8:08:11 AM
                Feb-16 8:08:07 AM

They tend to clog my log file quite a bit.

Thanks

Dirk
                thanks for the feedback.

i am having problems with Bypass All from the Partition or System device but bypassing an individual zone works for me.

check the settings on the Motion Sensor device: check the 'disable logging msgs" and it should stop
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I can confirm this as well. Bypassing a single zone via web, script or hstouch action works, however bypass all with the partition or system devices are problematic.

It seems that in HStouch I had to recreate the buttons and re assign the actions for things to work.

Any suggestions on what to do about the status not updating for the system/partition devices in HStouch? the weird thing is that it is only the Vista Alarm Devices that have this issue. All other devices update properly.

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
                    I can confirm this as well. Bypassing a single zone via web, script or hstouch action works, however bypass all with the partition or system devices are problematic.

It seems that in HStouch I had to recreate the buttons and re assign the actions for things to work.

Any suggestions on what to do about the status not updating for the system/partition devices in HStouch? the weird thing is that it is only the Vista Alarm Devices that have this issue. All other devices update properly.
                    i posted 3.0.0.9 that should fix the RF logging issue.

i don't know what to tell you about the hstouch issue. my iphone client is behaving differently than the windows client and neither is following the hs dev mgmt page which works correctly. Maybe i don't have something set in the device configuration; i 'll check with HST.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Well at least I am not alone here. I figured there was something wrong here when the windows client was showing the same issues. I think your on the right track. Let me know if you want me to test something.

Thanks by the way for the upgrade discount.

Cheers

Comment

Well at least I am not alone here. I figured there was something wrong here when the windows client was showing the same issues. I think your on the right track. Let me know if you want me to test something.

Thanks by the way for the upgrade discount.

Cheers
                        They just released a new designer (3.0.0.4) that seemed to have fixed my issues with devices status tracking not being respected. Hopefully you can confirm that things start working on your end as well

Comment

Hi,

Things are working great so far with the new versions of the client and the designer.

I actually cutover to my HS3 environment last night. I was trying to setup an event that I had in my HS2 that sent a message to the HSTouch clients when any zone was bypassed. There used to be a way to do this in the events by selecting "Any Zone" however I don't see that in HS3.

Has this not been implemented? or am I missing this?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Things are working great so far with the new versions of the client and the designer.

I actually cutover to my HS3 environment last night. I was trying to setup an event that I had in my HS2 that sent a message to the HSTouch clients when any zone was bypassed. There used to be a way to do this in the events by selecting "Any Zone" however I don't see that in HS3.

Has this not been implemented? or am I missing this?

Thanks
                            it should be there. see the screen shot
                            Attached Files
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              it should be there. see the screen shot
                              Dont know how i missed that, Thanks

Comment

Partition Script Trigger Oddities

Converting my Vista scripts from HS2 to HS3. Installed Vista Plugin. Device Setup and Alarm triggering are working for me.

I was converting a script from HS2 that triggers on a Device Value change of the Partition Status device (Device type: Vista Alarm Partition). Under HS3 with the new Vista PI, the script has never triggered even though the device value was changed by the Vista plug in. Not sure why this is. I would have expected it to function in the same manner HS2 does.

I moved on to use the Vista Alarm Custom Triggers type of "Vista Alarm Partition 1 becomes" and was able to trigger my script and all is working.

Note: a "Nice to Have" would be to have a value of "* Armed *" similar to the existing " * Disarmed *" to avoid adding a bunch of "OR IF" for each type of arming.

Comment

Working...
                                X