No announcement yet.

Exception in Find_Create_Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you do me a favor and after you manually create a device, open the device by clicking on it's name in the devices list. Then click on the Advanced tab and copy all that and past it here, or screen shot it and post the screenshot.

Example:

Code:
    Reference ID	437
    Technology Address	THERMOSTATS-Q1
    Status	100 = ON
    Value	100  
    String	 
    Supports Status	True
    Dimmable	False
    Interface	RadioThermostat
    Extra Data Store	2 Named entries, 0 UnNamed entries.
    Device Type Internal	Thermostat API, Type: Thermostat Root Device, SubType:
    Device Type (String)	 
    CT30 V1.94
    Misc Settings	Show Values, Generate Voice Command
    Device Image File	images\Devices\Image-Not-Selected.png
    Thumbnail Image File	images\Devices\Image-Not-Selected_small.png  
    Relationship Status	Parent Root
    Associated Devices	Main Area Thermostat Mode, Main Area Cool Setpoint, Main Area Heat Setpoint, Main Area Fan Mode, Main Area Fan State, Main Area Current Temperature, Main Area Hold Mode, Main Area Thermostat State

Comment

Also, I have a new beta uploaded with some tweaks to help me track this down, if you want to install that.

Comment

Advanced tab

Here you go. Thanks!

Reference ID 354
        Technology Address THERMOSTATS-Q17
        Status 0 = OFF
        Value 0
        String
        Supports Status False
        Dimmable False
        Device Type Internal No API, Type: Type 0, SubType:
        Device Type (String)
        Misc Settings Generate Voice Command
        Device Image File images\Devices\Image-Not-Selected.png
        Thumbnail Image File images\Devices\Image-Not-Selected_small.png
        Relationship Status Not Set

Comment

Beta plugin location

Can you please tell me where to find the beta version?

Thanks,

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mmagri View Post
            Can you please tell me where to find the beta version?

Thanks,

Marcus
            In HomeSeer:
            • Plugins-> Manage
            • Click "Update Listing"
            • Expand "Additional Interfaces"
            • Expand "Beta(see forums.homeseer.com for details on using anything in this section)"
            • Select RadioThermostat
            • Scoll up and click the download and install button

Comment

Here you go. Thanks!

Reference ID 354
              Technology Address THERMOSTATS-Q17
              Status 0 = OFF
              Value 0
              String
              Supports Status False
              Dimmable False
              Device Type Internal No API, Type: Type 0, SubType:
              Device Type (String)
              Misc Settings Generate Voice Command
              Device Image File images\Devices\Image-Not-Selected.png
              Thumbnail Image File images\Devices\Image-Not-Selected_small.png
              Relationship Status Not Set

This is super odd, as it doesn't have the API set and is set to type 0. Also the "Interface" field isn't set, which means my plugin won't ever find it.

You created this by click "Plugins->RadioThermostat->RadioThermostat Configuration"????

Comment

Not calling API

Yes, that is how I created.

Also, the best did not install properly. Already rebooted the computer and HomeSeer. Still the same.

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from RadioThermostat - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Thanks,

Marcus

Comment

Yes, that is how I created.

Also, the best did not install properly. Already rebooted the computer and HomeSeer. Still the same.

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from RadioThermostat - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Thanks,

Marcus
                  That at least lets me know its failing in the create process for new devices. Gonna make a new beta with extra logging in that section so we can see what's happening

Comment

Ok, I have built and deployed Beta version 1.0.16303.88. Please install this version then delete any existing thermostats and then add the new ones using this version. It will give you quite a bit of logs. Please copy the logs and paste them back here so I can see what's going on. I suspect it's trying to read a property from your thermostats that isn't populated and causing it to error out prematurely.

Comment

Beta 1.0.16303.88 still giving me the same error message. It is not starting up ...

Oct-29 6:14:13 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in RadioThermostat

Oct-29 6:13:53 PM Plug-In Interface RadioThermostat is running as a trial, 9 days remaining.

Oct-29 6:13:47 PM Updater Install/Update of package RadioThermostat was successful.

Oct-29 6:13:47 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_RadioThermostat.exe

Oct-29 6:13:47 PM Updater Installing package RadioThermostat

Oct-29 6:13:47 PM Updater Update HSPI_RadioThermostat.exe downloaded successfully

Oct-29 6:13:46 PM Updater Downloading update: RadioThermostat

Oct-29 6:13:46 PM Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

Beta 1.0.16303.88 still giving me the same error message. It is not starting up ...

Oct-29 6:14:13 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in RadioThermostat

Oct-29 6:13:53 PM Plug-In Interface RadioThermostat is running as a trial, 9 days remaining.

Oct-29 6:13:47 PM Updater Install/Update of package RadioThermostat was successful.

Oct-29 6:13:47 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_RadioThermostat.exe

Oct-29 6:13:47 PM Updater Installing package RadioThermostat

Oct-29 6:13:47 PM Updater Update HSPI_RadioThermostat.exe downloaded successfully

Oct-29 6:13:46 PM Updater Downloading update: RadioThermostat

Oct-29 6:13:46 PM Updater Starting download of updates

Logs say it started fine, the message just means you may need to refresh the page.

Comment

Not starting

I do not think so ... It is not showing as an option under Plugins ...

I have restarted Homeseer and I have the same message ...

Maybe because I am still using as a tria license?

Thanks,

Marcus

Comment

I do not think so ... It is not showing as an option under Plugins ...

I have restarted Homeseer and I have the same message ...

Maybe because I am still using as a tria license?

Thanks,

Marcus
                            Let me put a new beta up that has the licensing disabled to see if that's part of the issue.

Comment

New version posted in beta: 1.0.16304.89 this version will report as free. You'll likely need to remove the old plugin first or restart homeseer after you load it for it to recognize the licensing status change.

Comment

Still same issue. Uninstalled it, install new beta, and restarted HS. Still same error message.

Comment

Working...
                                X