Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon! MeiHarmonyHub! (Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I might have been a little muddy in my explanation. The error occurs whenever the one hub is enabled. If I disable a hub on the configuration page, the errors continue until a restart. Likewise, if I enable a hub on the configuration page the errors do not begin again until a restart.

EDIT: It appears that this behavior is different with polling enabled. I had polling at the default (disabled). When polling is enabled the enabled/disabled status of the hub is updated at the polling interval.
    Gotcha.

When you say if you enable it you don't get errors until the restart, does that hub work correctly until the restart or does it just not try and connect on til you restart?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      Gotcha.

When you say if you enable it you don't get errors until the restart, does that hub work correctly until the restart or does it just not try and connect on til you restart?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      Where do I find the debug logs?

I can delete the plug-in, configuration and HS devices if you think I should try. I would prefer to get you some debugging info first.

I didn't track the connected status. The Harmony remote in that room always works. The plug-in works except at the moment the error is logged. I have not made any changes to devices or activities in months. Rein's plug-in is working on that hub as far as I can tell, but I have not configured any events to use devices from that plug-in. I only temporarily reinstalled it yesterday and removed it this afternoon. I enabled the hub at 5:53PM with the polling enabled.

Here are the HS log errors that are always the one hub.

Mar-06 6:36:49 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.129:5222
      Mar-06 6:36:49 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect()
      Mar-06 6:31:38 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.129:5222
      Mar-06 6:31:38 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect()
      Mar-06 6:29:28 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.129:5222
      Mar-06 6:29:28 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect()
      Mar-06 6:27:17 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.129:5222
      Mar-06 6:27:17 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect()
      Mar-06 6:22:25 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.129:5222
      Mar-06 6:22:25 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect()
      Mar-06 6:12:04 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.129:5222
      Mar-06 6:12:04 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect()
      Mar-06 6:05:12 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.129:5222
      Mar-06 6:05:12 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect()
      Mar-06 6:02:10 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.129:5222
      Mar-06 6:02:10 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect()
      Mar-06 6:00:16 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.129:5222
      Mar-06 6:00:16 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect()
      Mar-06 5:53:22 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.129:5222
      Mar-06 5:53:22 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect()
      Mar-06 5:53:01 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.129:5222
      Mar-06 5:53:01 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 31172a89-d5a3-4262-a62f-83e2360224a8 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect()
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Beta update

Version 3.0.1.2
        * Expires 3/31/18
        * Added more debugging logging for Connecting and updating of Activty and Device device status values.
        * Added setting "Request Timeout". Allows you to set how long a request will take before it times out.
        * Added setting "Heartbeat Interval". Allows you to set how often the heartbeat runs to let the hub know we are still here.

** The new settings require you to connect/disconnect from a hub or restart the plugin to take affect.

Comment

Version 3.0.1.3
          * Expires 3/31/18
          * Fixed bug where debugging to file did not work. Logs should be stored in [HomeSeerInstallDirectory]/Logs/MeiHarmonyHub.log

@rprade,

The added debugging is centered around the connect code. However, looking at the timing of your errors, it seems that it is sporatic. The hub seems to connect, but then lose connection, but not in a way I'm accounting for. Either way, check "debug logging" in the settings for the plugin and let it run. Then you can send me the file. If you want to email it, you can. PM me for my email if you want to send it that way (Note the debug logs will contain your whole hub configuration).

I have researched the issue and it seems it can be thrown any time, but that it can be caused by firewall issues, a tcp connection by another program to the same IP/port, slowdowns on the remote system making it not respond in time, or issues with IPv4 vs IPv6 on the system.

I'm hoping we can debug and find the issue.

@frankis78,

I added debugging around the code that looks for new activities. Go into your settings for the plugin, go to the logging tab, and check "debug logging". You can then send me the logs after you are sure that the polling has taken place (you can also just restart the plugin after setting the logging setting). This will give me the configuration of your hub.

When you send me the logs, can you please send me the activities you have that show up and the one that is missing?

if you want to email me it, just PM me and I'll send you my email address.

Comment

3.0.1.3 is installed.

I thought I would try the hub at a different IP address, just to rule out any network issues. I changed the address, but I cannot see a way to change the IP or delete the hub in the plug-in. Where can I change the IP address?

Where do you store the debug logs?

Comment

I thought I would try the hub at a different IP address, just to rule out any network issues. I changed the address, but I cannot see a way to change the IP or delete the hub in the plug-in. Where can I change the IP address?

Where do you store the debug logs?
              I didn't add a way to change the IP, but I can do that (As i now use the hubs internal identifier for identification). Also don't have a way to delete them. I will be adding both tonight.

The logs should be in /Logs/MeiHarmonyHub.log in the homeseer install directory.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                I didn't add a way to change the IP, but I can do that (As i now use the hubs internal identifier for identification). Also don't have a way to delete them. I will be adding both tonight.

The logs should be in /Logs/MeiHarmonyHub.log in the homeseer install directory.
                I found the logs. Since I couldn't change the IP in the plug-in, I moved the hub back to the original IP. I enabled it and now there are no errors. I'll post back if they return.

Comment

I found the logs. Since I couldn't change the IP in the plug-in, I moved the hub back to the original IP. I enabled it and now there are no errors. I'll post back if they return.
                  That is weird. I will add in all the stuff I mentioned anyways just in case it is needed.

Comment

The plot thickens. While there are no errors on the hub any longer and it shows connected since I enabled it this afternoon, it does not launch activities or control devices. It also does not reflect the current activity. I am able to control the hub from an iOS app, so there are no apparent network issues. I have attached a log that was generated during my trying to control a device and launch an activity.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I disconnected the hub and reconnected it from the Device Manager and it is now working. It showed connected before and after.

Comment

I disconnected the hub and reconnected it from the Device Manager and it is now working. It showed connected before and after.
                        I have seen this on rare occasions, but only after days of it being disconnected and only on 1 of my hubs Since i'm always messing with them, I assumed it was just a fluke.. Thanks for the logs. Hopefully it has the new logging I added which captures the heartbeats. That should help me see why and when it stopped.

If not, I'll be adding a new version in a few minutes with more logging.

Comment

Beta Update

Version 3.0.1.4
                          * Expires 3/31/18
                          * Fixed built in triggers not working properly
                          * Added additional debugging
                          * Added ability to remove a hub (does not delete HomeSeer devices, just the hub from the plugin's list of hubs).
                          * Added ability to change a hubs IP address (this should only be used if you know what you are doing).

Comment

No errors but...

Yesterday, all three hubs showed connected, but the one hub that was generating errors earlier would not control activities or devices again. I could control it from the iOS app. I disconnected and reconnected the hub through the hub device in Device Manager. That started it working again. I was going to post a log, but it appears it must have reset at midnight, because there are no entries from yesterday.

I'm going to move it to a new IP. Not thinking it will matter, but that should rule out any network issues.

Comment

No errors but...

Yesterday, all three hubs showed connected, but the one hub that was generating errors earlier would not control activities or devices again. I could control it from the iOS app. I disconnected and reconnected the hub through the hub device in Device Manager. That started it working again. I was going to post a log, but it appears it must have reset at midnight, because there are no entries from yesterday.

I'm going to move it to a new IP. Not thinking it will matter, but that should rule out any network issues.

There should be other log files in the format of MeiHarmonyHub.logYYYYMMDD

I have it set to do rolling files with 1 log file per day.

Comment

I changed the IP address of the one misbehaving hub, then changed it in the plug-in to .100. The log was full of errors with the plug-in still looking for the hub at the old address of .129. I checked the configuration in the plug-in and it was still at the new address of .100. I restarted HomeSeer and the plug-in reverted back to the old address of .129. I think the IP change mechanism is not fully functional. The hub is back at the old address, there are no errors and the plug-in is functioning with the troublesome hub. .

Comment

Working...
                                X