• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa running wrong device

Hi All,

I set up Alexa routines to run events.

For example Alexa, Shades Down.

She then turns off a Homeseer device. When that device is turned off, all my Shade events run.

It was working just fine. Now when I say Shades Down, Alexa runs one of the other routines(actually a different device connected to a Routine changes state). I am not sure how this got crossed up and can't fine a correlation between the unit supposed to go off and the one that actually is. All the devices in Homeseer match the the OmniPro II unit location. None of these devices is in a Room spot on the OmniPro II.

I have checked for new devices, restarted Homeseer, disabled and enabled each device, as well as the Homeseer plug in. I have tried to redo the routine as well but no success.

I did notice a new Homeseer Skill, Homeseer Smarthome.

Now I have that one, Homeseer Home Automation skill and the basic Homeseer skill enabled.

Any suggestions what could have gone off track?

Thanks,

Jason

solved:

Alexa randomly imported wrong devices to many routines. all is good now.

Comment

@serky: what brand/model shades are you running on your OPII?
      I'm compiling a list of devices that are supported for the plugin.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by serky View Post
        ...... I have checked for new devices, restarted Homeseer, disabled and enabled each device, as well as the Homeseer plug in. I have tried to redo the routine as well but no success.
        I think.... as we incorporate other flavors of HA products and control methods... processes become increasingly important.

I've found that any change in the HS can require a change in the Alexa setup. I've found it's important to go from the creation/change in HS's device management.... directly to Amazon's app. Then (in the Amazon smart home app) I delete any changed devices. Then run discovery.... and after carefully checking to prevent double entries....use the newly found devices to recreate/repair/rebuild my routines.

Comment

Working...
        X