Coming Soon: Life360 Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
    Yea I didn't word it right. I know what you are saying.

I thought so but I thought I would ask.

So you are referring to the fact that the phone itself has wifi turned on?

Also what about the speed not being correct? She traveled quite a ways at the same speed but it still did not change.
    I can confirm on my end as well the "Speed" is very hit or miss from Life360. This is a Life360 issue unfortunately. I know my wife and daughter are out driving and Life360 shows them as stationary.

Code:
     "shortAddress": "Egypt Rd",
                    "inTransit": "0",
                    "tripId": null,
                    "driveSDKStatus": null,
                    "battery": "20",
                    "charge": "0",
                    "wifiState": "1",
                    "speed": 0,
                    "isDriving": "0"
    I don't know why Life360 does this. Sometimes the app updates very timely and sometimes it does not.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
      I can confirm on my end as well the "Speed" is very hit or miss from Life360. This is a Life360 issue unfortunately. I know my wife and daughter are out driving and Life360 shows them as stationary.

Code:
       "shortAddress": "Egypt Rd",
                      "inTransit": "0",
                      "tripId": null,
                      "driveSDKStatus": null,
                      "battery": "20",
                      "charge": "0",
                      "wifiState": "1",
                      "speed": 0,
                       "isDriving": "0"
      I don't know why Life360 does this. Sometimes the app updates very timely and sometimes it does not.

Regardless of life360 it is a fantastic plugin and I am looking forward to the new changes. I just thought I would ask the questions in case someone else was wondering.

Comment

Regardless of life360 it is a fantastic plugin and I am looking forward to the new changes. I just thought I would ask the questions in case someone else was wondering.
        Yeah it was a good question. Using the Web or Phone App you don't see these "extra" items Life360 is actually collecting. It is interesting when they do work correctly though. I would like Life360 to be more reliable. But alas I can't change that.

Comment

I have updated the original Thread Title and posted an update.

All updates until a sub-forum is created will be done in the first post of this thread.

After more testing I do plan to get this added into the HS3 Plugin list. Once in the HS3 I'll promote to BETA.

Latest Version: 0.0.1.34 See 1st post

Comment

Thanks Chuck. I just updated the source for the speed graphic. I also fixed the speed value. I noticed that this morning as well. If the person isn't moving, or moving VERY slow ie walking the graphic won't display as it wasn't handling decimals. So I converted to Integer.

Yes this is what beta testing is all about. Finding things I overlooked or didn't think about.

NOTE TO ALL. This is Beta Testing so don't go crazy creating tons of events as you may have to re-install (delete all devices) during testing of releases!
            Ok, had our mothers day outing which caused us to be away for the night. My events fired off in a very timely manner, within seconds of us crossing our boundary (we have our home "place" set to a 500' radius). Unlike the egigeozone/phlocation combination I am currently using which can take up to 2 minutes to report the crossing of our home geofence (set at 0.8 mile) in homeseer.

The only thing I noticed was the same thing as cowinger did in a later post which was the speed discrepancy. We would be going 65mph and it would report 35mph or we would be going 35mph and it would report 25mph. If all you are doing is pulling Life360 Data from their site with no manipulation on your end then nothing to be done by you.

Addresses of locations seem to be reported correctly, other data fields were reported correctly.

Next test for me will be to adjust my events to change my virtual occupancy device to either on or off dependent upon whether I am in or out of the 500' radius of our home place. (I don't use this to unlock doors, just to turn on/off certain lights and reset the thermostat.) However that test will have to wait until the contractor is done doing the remodeling we are towards the end of, hopefully later this week.

I assume that when I install your latest update I will need to disable the plugin, delete all the devices, delete the plugin instance from the plugin management page, then copy the relevant files to their proper locations and start over again.

Again great job on the plugin. Hopefully my little bit of testing has helped you. As I move forward with this I will continue to report anything I notice that I think may be of interest.

Chuck

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you again, this is working great for me.

Location in the device is showing other saved places when you are there. Hopefully you will be able to get other saved places to trigger events one day.

Either way, you did a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by cfrudolphy View Post
                Ok, had our mothers day outing which caused us to be away for the night. My events fired off in a very timely manner, within seconds of us crossing our boundary (we have our home "place" set to a 500' radius). Unlike the egigeozone/phlocation combination I am currently using which can take up to 2 minutes to report the crossing of our home geofence (set at 0.8 mile) in homeseer.

The only thing I noticed was the same thing as cowinger did in a later post which was the speed discrepancy. We would be going 65mph and it would report 35mph or we would be going 35mph and it would report 25mph. If all you are doing is pulling Life360 Data from their site with no manipulation on your end then nothing to be done by you.

Addresses of locations seem to be reported correctly, other data fields were reported correctly.

Next test for me will be to adjust my events to change my virtual occupancy device to either on or off dependent upon whether I am in or out of the 500' radius of our home place. (I don't use this to unlock doors, just to turn on/off certain lights and reset the thermostat.) However that test will have to wait until the contractor is done doing the remodeling we are towards the end of, hopefully later this week.

I assume that when I install your latest update I will need to disable the plugin, delete all the devices, delete the plugin instance from the plugin management page, then copy the relevant files to their proper locations and start over again.

Again great job on the plugin. Hopefully my little bit of testing has helped you. As I move forward with this I will continue to report anything I notice that I think may be of interest.

Chuck

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
                I'm very glad to hear everything is working for you. Yes the speed inconsistency is annoying. In the last update I changed how I was treating the value and I'm checking if 0 us an Int else use a Decimal to give finer values to show if there's anything there. Life360 reports it as a huge Decimal but I'm cutting it down to just 2 decimal places. Lets see if that "helps" anything. But in my testing after the change it was still spotty on reporting back the speed and I was validating the values live from the web page and from pinging the API every few seconds and Life360 just was not updating. I think it's due to the update interval from the phone.

As for the updating. As noted above the Speed child device has been changed and as yet I don't have methods in place to update the child devices so yes a delete of devices will be needed.

Disable plugin
                Copy files into place
                Delete current devices
                Start plugin
                Go to Plugin Config
                Your login information and Plugin enabled should still be there. If not fill it in.
                Click "Create Devices" button

However..... I know the above works if you want to be safe. Another option is to change each Speed Child Device and in Status Graphic change the "Decimal Places" to 2. That is the only breaking change that has occurred in the last update.

So the steps would be...

Disable
                Copy files
                Update Speed Child devices to use 2 decimal places
                Start Plugin
                Verify Plugin Config info (should all be there).
                No need for Create devices as they exist.

Comment

Originally posted by djsaad1 View Post
                  Thank you again, this is working great for me.

Location in the device is showing other saved places when you are there. Hopefully you will be able to get other saved places to trigger events one day.

Either way, you did a great job.
                  Thanks!

I'm hoping to get those into events in a future release.

Comment

I just received an email from someone named Zsane and in the email he says that he has forwarded the information to his development team regarding making it so a Circle members location information update can be more frequent regardless if they are moving or stationary.

Hopefully this can be done. I don't see why not. Will report if I hear from him again.

Comment

I just received an email from someone named Zsane and in the email he says that he has forwarded the information to his development team regarding making it so a Circle members location information update can be more frequent regardless if they are moving or stationary.

Hopefully this can be done. I don't see why not. Will report if I hear from him again.
                      Sounds good. Now to get the speed reporting more frequently. I did notice that the frequency of updates really declines if the battery is low. I think it goes into a power save mode and only updates "critical" which would be location info.

Comment

Anyone seeing the icon appear and disappear for the speed?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Anyone seeing the icon appear and disappear for the speed?
                          Same issue I've been trying to fix repeatedly but to no avail. It's hard to catch. I just checked mine as well and the image is missing and showing a value of 0 which is correct. However the status graphics for whatever reason the value 0 and status graphic 0 aren't the same 0???

Here's the raw data from Life360... kinda amusing actually

Code:
                          speed": 0.0220985619999999986784455785482350620441138744354248046875,

Comment

Same issue I've been trying to fix repeatedly but to no avail. It's hard to catch. I just checked mine as well and the image is missing and showing a value of 0 which is correct. However the status graphics for whatever reason the value 0 and status graphic 0 aren't the same 0???

Here's the raw data from Life360... kinda amusing actually

Code:
                            speed": 0.0220985619999999986784455785482350620441138744354248046875,

Holly cow, that is quite a lengthy number! Too bad you can't trim it off at 1 decimal point.

Comment

Holly cow, that is quite a lengthy number! Too bad you can't trim it off at 1 decimal point.
                              I'll eventually get it fixed.

Comment

I'll eventually get it fixed.

How would it be affected, if any, if I went in and changed the graphics to 0 decimal places?

EDIT: Never mind it does not affect anything to change the decimal places.
                                Last edited by cowinger; May 14, 2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X