homeseer 3 "another installation is in progress"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

homeseer 3 "another installation is in progress"

I'm trying to let HS3 (on Windows 7) update to a newer version (3.0.0.435 to 3.0.0.357, which comes up when I start up my HS3). Every time it says "another installation is in progress", and won't continue - what do I do?

Try shutting down HS3 and Speaker, confirm that HS3.exe and Speaker.exe are not running, then run HS3Updater.exe manually. (HS3Updater.exe should be in the Homeseer HS3 main folder.)
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      Try shutting down HS3 and Speaker, confirm that HS3.exe and Speaker.exe are not running, then run HS3Updater.exe manually. (HS3Updater.exe should be in the Homeseer HS3 main folder.)

hmmm, hasn't helped; please see screenshots:
      Attached Files

Comment

Have you rebooted the PC?

"Another installation in progress" doesn't necessarily mean the other installation is for HS3 - it could be for Windows updates, etc. If it doesn't work after reboot, perhaps try installing a different application to determine if the issue is with HS3 installer or installers in general.

Comment

Thanks that was it! A partially-installed Windows update.

Comment

Working...
          X