This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user with HomeTroller Zee S2

I am new to Homeseer and am trying to get my Insteon plugin working. I have the Hometroller Zee S2 and an Insteon 2413U. My Insteon System is currently working off the HUB from Insteon. I can't get the Hometroller and the 2413U to connect. Need driver install on the new HomeTroller I think. I am not really good at configuring Linux. Do I need to install the Linux version of the FTDI driver? If so what steps need to be performed from the Homeseer web application to accomplish this? I see how to run a Linux command line from the Homeseer web App but that is as far as I got. I have downloaded the FTDI drivers and the installation sheet from FTDI but that is far as i got. What commands must be entered to add the driver to the Zee? Any help appreciated.

Also do I need to use the Insteon Hub with the plugin? Or can the PLL connected to the Hometroller work by itself? Sorry but I am a little overwhelmed right now. Any help appreciated.

i believe the drivers are already installed in the Zee.

what port name did you enter in the config page of the plugin?

/dev/ttyUSB0 is USB
    /dev/ttyUSB1 is USB, etc
    the entry is case-sensitive
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      i believe the drivers are already installed in the Zee.

what port name did you enter in the config page of the plugin?

the entry is case-sensitive
      /dev/ttyUSB0 .....connected now....still learning...

Comment

glad you're up and running.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X