www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion

Old November 26th, 2016, 11:01 PM
Seer Master

Stream Music Videos

is there a way to play music videos on the TV? AirPlay but with Videos on the TV? I understand Apple TV can Mirror the iPhone display, so that may be what I have to do. Is there any other options?
Old November 27th, 2016, 11:43 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tome10 View Post
is there a way to play music videos on the TV? AirPlay but with Videos on the TV? I understand Apple TV can Mirror the iPhone display, so that may be what I have to do. Is there any other options?
What TV do you have? Is it DLNA/UPNP complaint? If it is, you can use the MediaController PI but would need to put the music videos on a DLNA complaint server. If you have a PC to spare, you could use Kodi and Spud's PI to create a media PC environment.

Dirk
Old November 27th, 2016, 06:01 PM
OverSeer

KODI does.

Use KODI now for all of the LCD TV STB's. Due to WAF still utilize DTV & DVRs.

Testing some new streaming TV service which has both domestic and international video music channels.

Testing V17 "Krypton" here on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. (and use KodiBuntu) on one LCD and base is current V16 "Jarvis"

Due to changes made by Apple, AirPlay support depends on what version of iOS your sending-device is using:
iOS 8 or older: Kodi supports audio, video, and pictures.
iOS 9 or newer: Kodi only supports audio.
Attached Images

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.4449

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT
Old November 27th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Seer Master

I have an older TV, so it doesn't have Wifi. I was streaming music over Airplay to my Denon, and the TV was showing the artwork. I just thought WTH am I listening to music when I have the Video of the song. I use Tivo for the TV's, so I don't think Kodi could take the Tivo's place. I don't have any downloaded movies or music other than itunes, so I guess Apple Tv would be better for the Main TV location. I'm using Android Tablets for HSTouch, but i'm just starting to build the Media Player in HSTouch. Maybe Kodi can stream to HSTouch?

Ps, Pete, have you ever hung out on an Excel VBA Forum? A guy named Pete always helped me on that forum.