This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

debug log as requested

I am adding a OCQT-40 4 Button Controller (Simply automated). It is device 128. Room name = his sitting Device name= 4 button Bath
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Overst View Post
      I am adding a OCQT-40 4 Button Controller (Simply automated). It is device 128. Room name = his sitting Device name= 4 button Bath
      Are you sure it is not created? Sometimes when new device are created I have to completely reset the filters (i.e. click "Show all" button) on the device management page before I can see them

Also make sure you don't have some old HS devices with the same id. You should look for devices with an address that begins with 91-D128. If you have some delete them then re-import your upe file

Comment

problem solved

I found the problem. There were several old devices that were not being used and had npt been deleted, and when I created new devices Upstart takes the first available device. I found the old entries, deleted them and reimported. Works Fine. On another note is there a way to list devices by their address? It would have made my hunt a lot easier.

Comment

in version 3.0.0.25 available here I have added the "UPB Device transmits Link" trigger

Click image for larger version

Name:	upbtrigger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1180673

this trigger is only fired when a physical UPB device transmits a Link, so it can be used to determine when a physical switch is actually pressed.

Comment

Plugin Use with HAI 35A00-3 UPB Switches

Hello all, I have a question for you. I have a couple HAI 35A00-3 Light Switches. These switches are physically identical (from what I have read) to their out-of-the-box dimmable counterparts, the 35A00-1. The difference between them is that the 35A00-3 comes from the factory set to only turn on and off (no dimming). However, they can be programmed in upstart to allow dimming. I have done this with the switches I have. They dim fine when I physically do so at the switch, and when I test them in upstart. However, in the plugin in HS3, the checkbox that states whether or not they are dimmable switches is greyed out. I'm unable to check this box, and as such am unable to gain access to the dimming features this awesome plugin provides. Any thoughts as to a workaround, or if this might be fixed in a future release of the plugin? Thank you.

Comment

Couple of things...

Did you reimport your Upstart Export after you made the changes and wrote them to the switch?

Did you remove the device and restart the plugin to see if that worked?

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by bjhiltbrand View Post
                Hello all, I have a question for you. I have a couple HAI 35A00-3 Light Switches. These switches are physically identical (from what I have read) to their out-of-the-box dimmable counterparts, the 35A00-1. The difference between them is that the 35A00-3 comes from the factory set to only turn on and off (no dimming). However, they can be programmed in upstart to allow dimming. I have done this with the switches I have. They dim fine when I physically do so at the switch, and when I test them in upstart. However, in the plugin in HS3, the checkbox that states whether or not they are dimmable switches is greyed out. I'm unable to check this box, and as such am unable to gain access to the dimming features this awesome plugin provides. Any thoughts as to a workaround, or if this might be fixed in a future release of the plugin? Thank you.
                As Travis said, delete the device from the management screen, then reimport the upe file after you made the changes in upstart. The device should be recreated as a dimming device.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  As Travis said, delete the device from the management screen, then reimport the upe file after you made the changes in upstart. The device should be recreated as a dimming device.
                  When I added them to the UPB network in Upstart, I set them to be dimming devices, before I exported the .upe configuration and imported in to Home Seer.

I Deleted the devices in question and imported them again, to no avail. I was looking at the .upe file, but can't figure out what value I'm looking for. I was thinking if Upstart isn't setting the dimmable value correctly, that I could manually edit the configuration file. However, I have to figure out how to read it first.

Comment

Originally posted by bjhiltbrand View Post
                    When I added them to the UPB network in Upstart, I set them to be dimming devices, before I exported the .upe configuration and imported in to Home Seer.

I Deleted the devices in question and imported them again, to no avail. I was looking at the .upe file, but can't figure out what value I'm looking for. I was thinking if Upstart isn't setting the dimmable value correctly, that I could manually edit the configuration file. However, I have to figure out how to read it first.
                    can you send me your .upe file and tell me what is the device name and room

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      can you send me your .upe file and tell me what is the device name and room
                      I sent you a private message. Although I just realized I forgot to say which device names were having issues. It is the Craft Room Light and the Office Light. Thank you for all your help.

Comment

UPB Links

I apologize for asking a question that has been previously covered but I couldn't find any direction for using UPB links.

I have the Plugin running and all my devices and links function perfectly.

However, I can't find is a way to activate/deactivate a link from a plugin event.
                        Simple functions like triggering a LightsUp Link at sunset.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by rwarren View Post
                          I apologize for asking a question that has been previously covered but I couldn't find any direction for using UPB links.

I have the Plugin running and all my devices and links function perfectly.

However, I can't find is a way to activate/deactivate a link from a plugin event.
                          Simple functions like triggering a LightsUp Link at sunset.

Any help would be appreciated.
                          You can use a native event action like "Control a device" and then select your link device and the Activate/Deactivate control.

Comment

application folder

my hs3 is installed on a raspberry pi3, can some please tell me where the applications folder is so I can install the patch, Thank you, Tj

Comment

Working...
                            X