Sonos and alert triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos and alert triggers

I can currently speak forecasts, conditions and the spoken portion of an alert through my Sonos speakers and HS Touch clients using the $SONOS$xxx:*,*:* syntax for the speaker clients and this works great.

I found that when trying to play a file before an alert, that it works on the HS Touch clients, but will not play the file on the Sonos speakers. However, I found in the Sonos help file that if you include the file path in the text to speak followed by a vertical bar ( | ), you can chain together multiple items to play. This works great for the Sonos speakers since I can now play a file, have the alert text spoken, and then play another file. However, for all the HS Touch clients, they speak the literal file path, then the alert text, and then the last file path instead of actually playing the mp3s. If I only include a file path in the speak text, then the mp3 plays correctly on the Sonos and HS Touch clients (but then I don't have any alert text). There must be something going on with the vertical bar that is breaking the HS Touch client's ability to play the file and causing it to just speak the file path.

I've included some screenshots of the alert text with and without the vertical bars. For the speak text with the vertical bars, the Sonos plays fine, but the HS Touch speaks the file paths. For the speak text without the vertical bars, the file is played correctly everywhere. I also notice that in the log, when there are the vertical bars, there is a log for TTS that includes the entire text that the HS Touch client speaks. Without the vertical bars, there is no log entry for TTS, but the text is still spoken on the Sonos and HS Touch clients.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
    I can currently speak forecasts, conditions and the spoken portion of an alert through my Sonos speakers and HS Touch clients using the $SONOS$xxx:*,*:* syntax for the speaker clients and this works great.

I found that when trying to play a file before an alert, that it works on the HS Touch clients, but will not play the file on the Sonos speakers. However, I found in the Sonos help file that if you include the file path in the text to speak followed by a vertical bar ( | ), you can chain together multiple items to play. This works great for the Sonos speakers since I can now play a file, have the alert text spoken, and then play another file. However, for all the HS Touch clients, they speak the literal file path, then the alert text, and then the last file path instead of actually playing the mp3s. If I only include a file path in the speak text, then the mp3 plays correctly on the Sonos and HS Touch clients (but then I don't have any alert text). There must be something going on with the vertical bar that is breaking the HS Touch client's ability to play the file and causing it to just speak the file path.

I've included some screenshots of the alert text with and without the vertical bars. For the speak text with the vertical bars, the Sonos plays fine, but the HS Touch speaks the file paths. For the speak text without the vertical bars, the file is played correctly everywhere. I also notice that in the log, when there are the vertical bars, there is a log for TTS that includes the entire text that the HS Touch client speaks. Without the vertical bars, there is no log entry for TTS, but the text is still spoken on the Sonos and HS Touch clients.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for the information. Time to buy a couple more Sonos speakers so I can also convert to an all Sonos announcement system. I may submit a feature request to Rich to see if Homeseer could natively parse speak text to allow chaining using the vertical bar for those using HS Touch clients.

Comment

Working...
      X