Oh No !!!!! Somehow Plug-In Disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh No !!!!! Somehow Plug-In Disappeared

I can't believe it. Somehow the Plug-In disappeared from the Plug-In list. I still have all the X-10 devices, IR Devices, Input Devices and Bobcat Device in the device management page but no Plug-In?
    Does this mean I have to reload the Plug-In and if I do this will the plug-in remember the device values? Probably fat chance of that?

Also does this mean that I will have to re-learn all the IR commands that I trained?

Does homeseer automatically save system configuration at specified times and can I reload or restore the system to a previous date before the plug-in disappeared?

What is the best way to recover from this disaster. I have a feeling it will be ugly !!!!!

Thanks for all your help.....Rick
    Last edited by Rick Bonari; June 4, 2018, 02:50 AM. Reason: Additional Information

Rick,
    Is the HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe still in the HS3 root directory?
    If not just put the HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe back in there and you should be good. I sent you an email.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Comment

Thanks Bruce !!!!!! If that file you mentioned is still in root directory do I remove it and unzip the the file you sent me into the root directory? I assume it won't be there if the plug-in inadvertently got removed? What if the file is still in the root directory?

Would I be correct in assuming all my events should work as all the devices are in the device management page still?

Would I be correct in assuming that I should not reload the plug-in from the beta updater in device management screens?

Also would I be correct in assuming I do not need to relearn IR codes as they are saved in the ocelot unit?

I will wait to hear from you before I take any further steps.

Thanks again Bruce !!! Rick
      Last edited by Rick Bonari; June 4, 2018, 12:05 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Hello Bruce,

Please see my previous post also.

The .exe file for your plug-in is still in the homeseer HS3 directory. What should I do at this point? I should clarify. The file that is in the root directory is HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe.config. I don't see an associated application file for your plug-in. I noticed the other plug-ins have both an exe.config file and an application file. Would the 3_5_1810_2_215.zip file include both the config file and app file. If this be the case should I delete the current config file and unzip the file you sent me via e-mail into the homeseer root directory? Clarification on this is much appreciated.

Do I remove the current .exe.config file and load the file you sent me into the homeseer root directory? I would think I would not want to remove the .config file as doesn't it contain the existing device list? Not sure about this?

Am I correct in the fact that I do not need to delete my devices from the device management page through this whole process? I hope and pray not !!!!!!

Thanks Again !!!!! Rick
        Last edited by Rick Bonari; June 4, 2018, 03:40 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Rick,
          Do you see the GTS_CPUXA startup items in the HS3 log at startup. I have no idea why the plugin would not be starting if the HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe file is in the HS3 root directory.

This may be an issue for HST tech support. I have never heard of this issue before.

I'll do some testing but I don't know what to tell you.

Bruce

Comment

Is there an application file associated with your plugin as there is with other plug-ins besides the .exe.config file?

Also I haven't had much luck with homeseer tech support and they will just tell me they don't support third party plug-ins.You might have better luck with them.

What are the files in the homeseer directories associated with your plugin? Is there more than one? How many files are included in the .zip file you sent me via e-mail?

I think what I did is accidentally hit the red "x" delete button in the plugin management screen next to your plug-in. All devices still show on device management screen.

Your further help on this is much appreciated !!!! Most of my home control is down at the moment .........Rick
            Last edited by Rick Bonari; June 4, 2018, 04:45 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Rick, you should have noted that you deleted the plugin instance.

Try this:
              1. Shutdown HS3
              2. Delete the HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe file in the HS3 root directory
              3. Start HS3... wait for it to fully load.
              4. Shutdown HS3
              5. Add the HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe I sent back to the HS3 root directory.
              6. Start up HS3
              7. Watch the log to see if GTS_CPUXA starts.

All your devices and events should work as they did before you deleted the plugin instance.

Comment

Thanks Bruce. I will give it a try and let you know how it goes...Rick

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Just want to make sure I have this straight. All the other plugins have a .exe.config and a .exe application file. You sent me the HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe application file which is missing from my homeseer root directory. Why would you want me to remove the HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe.config file? Seems that this file is what is preserving all of my devices in the device management screen? Again all the other plugins I use have both the .exe application file and the .exe.config file.

Do you have both the HSPI_GTS_CPUXA application .exe file and the HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe.config file in your homeseer root directory?

Seems I should just shut down homeseer and install the application file you sent me into the homeseer root directory and start homeseer and watch the log to make sure all is initializing properly. Let me know if this is the correct course of action.

Clarification on this is much appreciated. Thanks again...Rick

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Please see my previous post as my home control system is pretty much down until I receive clarification on your insructions in previous post here. Thanks much......Rick

Comment

Rick,
                      If the HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe is not in the HS3 directory, with HS3 shut down, add the HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe I sent you. Leave the HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe.config there.

The HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe.config has nothing to do with the plugin's devices, all that info is in the HS3 database and should work once you get the plugin running.

HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe and HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe.config are 2 different files.

When you clicked the red X in the Instance column on the Plugin Management page you DELETED the HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe file. If you had mentioned that you DELETED the plugin in your first post you would probably be up and running at this time.

Comment

Working...
                      X