X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Weather Bug

Ultrajone,
    I have a HomeTroller SE with .net 3.0. Do I need to upgrade to .net 3.5 to
    use the upgrade to the weatherbug plugin. If so, how do I upgrade .net?
    I installed from the updater, but get lots of errors when I restart HS 2.0.
    I got the API keys per your instructions. I can not access the configuration
    to put in the keys. Weatherbug does not appear on the plugin page. I am
    also getting 404 errors for the images for the HS devices on the status page.

I suspect my problems are due to not having .net 3.5 installed and not
    having the API keys in yet. How do I upgrade to .net 3.5?

Thanks, Any help is appreciated!
    Tom

Comment

Just took my first crack at updating your plugin. Followed the instruction of deleting all old devices, applying for weatherbug API keys, and updating your plugin.

When I insert both keys and press "Save Options" the secret key disapperas as it should. But when I go to the "Status" Tab, it says my Key is not Valid and I have 2 Stations. Looking at the "Stations" it tell me how to apply for a API Key.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Weather Bug Fault.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1173813

Also Here are some errors for my log.

5/13/2014 10:30:50 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetLiveWeather function/subroutine: [System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value) at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetLiveWeather(String strStationNumber)]
      5/13/2014 10:30:50 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
      5/13/2014 10:30:50 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...&access_token=
      5/13/2014 10:30:50 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetLiveWeather function/subroutine: [System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value) at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetLiveWeather(String strStationNumber)]
      5/13/2014 10:30:50 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
      5/13/2014 10:30:50 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...&access_token=
      5/13/2014 10:30:48 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetForecastWeather function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetForecastWeather(Stri ng strStationNumber)]
      5/13/2014 10:30:48 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
      5/13/2014 10:30:47 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...&access_token=
      5/13/2014 10:30:47 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetForecastWeather function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetForecastWeather(Stri ng strStationNumber)]
      5/13/2014 10:30:47 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
      5/13/2014 10:30:47 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetAlertsWeather function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetAlertsWeather(String strStationNumber)]
      5/13/2014 10:30:47 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
      5/13/2014 10:30:47 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...&access_token=
      5/13/2014 10:30:46 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetAlertsWeather function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetAlertsWeather(String strStationNumber)]
      5/13/2014 10:30:46 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
      5/13/2014 10:30:46 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...&access_token=
      5/13/2014 10:15:50 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetLiveWeather function/subroutine: [System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value) at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetLiveWeather(String strStationNumber)]
      5/13/2014 10:15:50 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
      5/13/2014 10:15:49 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...&access_token=
      5/13/2014 10:15:49 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetLiveWeather function/subroutine: [System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value) at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetLiveWeather(String strStationNumber)]
      5/13/2014 10:15:48 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
      5/13/2014 10:15:48 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...&access_token=
      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

UltraWeatherBug for HS2 / New WeatherBug Pulse API

Originally posted by pcp View Post
        I started to switch to using devices instead of the APIs (with goal to only use devices. Below is the gap; could devices be supported for the following (in HS2 and HS3 version)?

Missing devices - Current
        - detailed description

Missing devices - Forecast
        - day name (for day 2 & 3 especially)
        - detailed description
        - humidity

Missing devices - Alerts
        - post date ($posted-date)
        - expiry date ($expires-date)
        - message summmary ($msg-summary)
        - more than one alert in devices (up to 5 devices per alert: type, title, summary, posted date, expiry date)
        Ultra jones, did you have a chance to look into this an did an upcoming hs2 & hs3 plug-in versions could support these additional devices? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
          Just took my first crack at updating your plugin. Followed the instruction of deleting all old devices, applying for weatherbug API keys, and updating your plugin.

When I insert both keys and press "Save Options" the secret key disapperas as it should. But when I go to the "Status" Tab, it says my Key is not Valid and I have 2 Stations. Looking at the "Stations" it tell me how to apply for a API Key.

[ATTACH]40040[/ATTACH]

Also Here are some errors for my log.
          The logs indicate your key is not being recognized. Have you tried to restart HomeSeer?

Please try deleting the UltraWeatherBug INI file in the config directory, then re-entering your Pulse API key.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Problems Since Upgrading

RESOLVED - Deleting the UltraWeatherBug INI and redefining seemed to resolve my issue.

PLEASE DISREGARD THE FOLLOWING...

I've unfortunately been having problems since upgrading the UltraWeatherBug plugin. I applied for and have a valid Pulse API key but things are not working and I receive the errors that follow.

I've tried removing all devices, reinstalling the plugin. Fully uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. No change.

I also tried changing the station but a search simply results in more log errors.

Please let me know how to overcome these issues.

Thanks

Plug-In Status Name: UltraWeatherBug HSPI Status: OK Version: 2.5.5244.16096 Plug-In House Codes Base: # WeatherBug: # WeatherBug Status Stations: 1 Alerts: 0 WeatherBug Pulse API Valid Key: True Success: 0 Failure: 83WeatherBug Stations Station #1: Station #2: Station #3: Station #4: Station #5:
            5/15/2014 7:46:31 AM - UltraWeatherBug In - https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...CcG8fsH5Cw4TYg
            5/15/2014 7:46:31 AM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
            5/15/2014 7:46:31 AM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetForecastWeather function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetForecastWeather(Stri ng strStationNumber)]
            5/15/2014 7:46:35 AM - UltraWeatherBug In - https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...oMLWjGJQKWVhX9
            5/15/2014 7:46:35 AM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
            5/15/2014 7:46:35 AM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetAlertsWeather function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetAlertsWeather(String strStationNumber)]
            5/15/2014 7:46:46 AM - UltraWeatherBug In - https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...DlshbchOyoEFod
            5/15/2014 7:46:47 AM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
            5/15/2014 7:46:47 AM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetLiveWeather function/subroutine: [System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value) at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetLiveWeather(String strStationNumber)]
            5/15/2014 7:48:27 AM - UltraWeatherBug In - https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...F4jlRAauZ6TGAX
            5/15/2014 7:48:28 AM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetLocations function/subroutine: [System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.hspi_weatherbug_api.GetLocations(String searchString)]
            5/15/2014 7:50:50 AM - UltraWeatherBug In - https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...F4jlRAauZ6TGAX
            5/15/2014 7:50:51 AM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetLocations function/subroutine: [System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.hspi_weatherbug_api.GetLocations(String searchString)]
            5/15/2014 7:50:53 AM - UltraWeatherBug In - https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...F4jlRAauZ6TGAX
            5/15/2014 7:50:54 AM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetLocations function/subroutine: [System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.hspi_weatherbug_api.GetLocations(String searchString)]
            Edit/Delete Message
            Last edited by gklimo; May 19, 2014, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Excellent. Deleting the ini and rebooting HS got the plugin to take my Keys. All is working now.

One thing different now is after I create a Weatherbug device within HS, I reference it with mcsTemp to graph historical values. One I create a reference in mcsTemp, the WeatherBug Device on the HS Status page disappear.

I don't recall this before and am still running the same version of mcsTemp. Where might be the issue (your plugin, HS, mcsTemp) and how can I correct this.

Many thanks is for your amazing support.

Sent from my htc Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
              HSPro: 3.0.0.194
              PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
              HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Can't add a station? This is the log I get:

5/25/2014 5:36:48 PM UltraWeatherBug Error An unexpected error occured in the GetLocations function/subroutine: [System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.hspi_weatherbug_api.GetLocations(String searchString)]

Plug-In Status
                Name: UltraWeatherBug HSPI
                Version: 2.5.5253.33632
                Plug-In House Codes
                Base: _
                WeatherBug: Unassigned
                WeatherBug Status
                Stations: 0
                Alerts: 0
                WeatherBug Pulse API
                Valid Key: True
                Success: 0
                Failure: 0

Comment

Thanks Ultra for re-working the plugin. The install went without a hitch. However, I've had 4 failures on the status page and 1700 successes in the almost 3 days since I restarted HS. It seems that when the failures occur, I see the following in the log.

26/05/2014 3:58:08 PM UltraWeatherBug Error An unexpected error occured in the GetAlertsWeather function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetAlertsWeather(String strStationNumber)]

Any ideas? I have 3 stations setup....

Rob
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    Thanks Ultra for re-working the plugin. The install went without a hitch. However, I've had 4 failures on the status page and 1700 successes in the almost 3 days since I restarted HS. It seems that when the failures occur, I see the following in the log.

26/05/2014 3:58:08 PM UltraWeatherBug Error An unexpected error occured in the GetAlertsWeather function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetAlertsWeather(String strStationNumber)]

Any ideas? I have 3 stations setup....

Rob
                    For whatever reason, the Pulse API returned an error when querying for data. I am seeing the same errors on my system. When the plug-in sees this error condition, it discards the current access token and request a new one. As long as the number isn't too high, I wouldn't worry about it.

I tried getting the list of error codes from the Pulse API support team, but they don't see to have it documented.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Plane_Guy View Post
                      Can't add a station? This is the log I get:

5/25/2014 5:36:48 PM UltraWeatherBug Error An unexpected error occured in the GetLocations function/subroutine: [System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.hspi_weatherbug_api.GetLocations(String searchString)]

Plug-In Status
                      Name: UltraWeatherBug HSPI
                      Version: 2.5.5253.33632
                      Plug-In House Codes
                      Base: _
                      WeatherBug: Unassigned
                      WeatherBug Status
                      Stations: 0
                      Alerts: 0
                      WeatherBug Pulse API
                      Valid Key: True
                      Success: 0
                      Failure: 0
                      You're getting an HTTP server error from the Pulse API server. Unfortunately, the mean isn't documented by the Pulse API. Have you tried restarting HomeSeer?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                        For whatever reason, the Pulse API returned an error when querying for data. I am seeing the same errors on my system. When the plug-in sees this error condition, it discards the current access token and request a new one. As long as the number isn't too high, I wouldn't worry about it.

I tried getting the list of error codes from the Pulse API support team, but they don't see to have it documented.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        The number of these events hasn't increase any since I posted the question and by the looks of it, it doesn't happen often - perhaps one a day.
                        Just didn't like to see red ink in my logs...

Thanks again...

Rob
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Yes I have restarted several times. This was happening before your last update and I hoped that would fix the issue. How do I delete the plugin and start over?

Comment

Originally posted by Plane_Guy View Post
                            Yes I have restarted several times. This was happening before your last update and I hoped that would fix the issue. How do I delete the plugin and start over?
                            Please send me your hspi_ultraweatherbug.ini file to ultrajones@hotmail.com before trying the steps below.

Then shutdown HomeSeer, then deleting the hspi_ultraweatherbug.ini file, then restart HomeSeer.

If that doesn't work, shutdown HomeSeer, then:

1) Uninstall UltraWeatherBug from the Windows Add/Remove programs. If there are multiple instances, remove them all.
                            2) Delete \HomeSeer HS2\HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.dll if it exists.
                            3) Delete HomeSeer HS2\html\hspi_ultraweatherbug\hspi_ultraweatherbug.aspx if it exists.
                            4) Delete \HomeSeer HS2\Config\hspi_ultraweatherbug.ini if it exists.
                            5) Launch HomeSeer2, then reinstall the plug-in.
                            6) Renter your Pulse API key, then click save.
                            7) Restart HomeSeer if you continue to have trouble so make sure the new API key is recognized by the plug-in.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

I'm getting this anytime I use a station as a condition:

6/3/2014 8:23:00 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the ConditionCheck() function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container..ct or(Object Instance) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.Intern alLateIndexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateIn dexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames) at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI.ConditionCheck(String Condition)]

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                                I'm getting this anytime I use a station as a condition:

6/3/2014 8:23:00 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the ConditionCheck() function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container..ct or(Object Instance) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.Intern alLateIndexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateIn dexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames) at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI.ConditionCheck(String Condition)]
                                I should add that this prohibits the event from working and is not simply log filler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Working...
                                X