No announcement yet.

weatherXML Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't found a way to have the text display differently for triggers vs conditions. The same function is used for both Triggers and Conditions when HS gets the text.

But I do have the code doing both.
    You can setup the event like you are wanting and the code will respond with a True or False when HS calls into the plugin for a condition check.

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    Hello,
    I have recently created a event that I've used WeatherXML triggers as a condition and the only concern that I have with it is the wording shows "when updated". I could see how this would work fine as a trigger but when it's a condition in an event, is there a value that HS can use to evaluate when the event is triggered? If not, I guess the alternative would be to use the forecast high for today instead but I thought I'd ask in case this could be a feature request to add some conditions. In the event below I'm also using EasyTrigger for the schedule of our HVAC system.

Here is my event:

IF The time enters HVAC_OfficeOn time range
    AND IF Today's high in Carlsbad is above 77 when updated.

Thank you!
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Devices For Hourly Forecast

Having devices for hourly forecasts would be great. Apparently this is planned already but I just wanted to express my support for this feature request

Comment

Today's forecast high and low devices

I'm not sure if this is already possible or not. Is it possible to create a devices for today's forecast high and low temps? I see the ability to created devices for today's high and low temp, but those are not forecast--those just track min/max temp for the day. I also see today's forecast, that includes the high temp, but it is not something I can use as a condition since the high temp is in the string with the rest of the forecast. Perhaps the current today's high temp device could be modified to use the forecast until the high is achieved? This is how most weather apps work I believe.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Go to the admin tab labeled HSTouch. The devices on this page are mostly data storage devices. In the Forecast section check for box for High and Low in the Day 0: Today column.
          The forecasted high and low stores the temperature in the device value.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Doh. Thanks for the directions. Exactly what I was looking for. I looked all over, but don't use HSTouch much since I got imperihome, so I did not think to check that tab.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Thanks for Update 3.0.0.72

Jeff, thanks for updating the global variables before issuing the warning trigger!

-Ron

Comment

I have a request and a concern:

1) Rain yesterday is something I would like to see, since that is the variable I want to use to determine if my sprinklers should come on.

2) Rain today is not populating and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                  I have a request and a concern:

1) Rain yesterday is something I would like to see, since that is the variable I want to use to determine if my sprinklers should come on.
                  The maps section rewrite should be going to a beta release this week. After that I am adding rain forecast in inches in addition to percentage.
                  This will only be available when using Weather Underground.
                  I can add a new device in the conditions section that will be Yesterdays Total Rain. I can grab the value from the last xml file of the day. The caveat will be that if you have the updates stop at 10PM you will get the total at that time. You won't have the entire days total. If will be up to you to make sure you get an update close to midnight.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                  2) Rain today is not populating and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
                  Which provider are you using? Only Weather Underground provides this info. If you are using WU then you may need to select a different Station ID.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Averaging data

I don't think this is available and would like to see this feature: averaging of data (e.g., average daily temperature for the last month).
                    Thanks,
                    Elliott
                    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Pardon me if I missed this but I would like to manually trigger a schedule.

I'm running WeatherXML on Fire tablets and it appears sometimes the forecasts do not update so the field is blank except like "Wed:", "Wed Night:". I don't mind checking the device string length to ensure the device string isn't nearly blank. I just need a way to rerun the scheduled "Run Now". Once I manually hit "Run Now" it repopulates the forecast device strings.
                      Thanks for considering this.

~Bill

Comment

OK, I have a workaround for the occasional blank forecast fields.

If a device string for a forecast is valid (>15 characters) leave the device string alone and store that device string in the settings.ini file.

If a device string for a forecast is not valid (<15 characters) get the last stored valid device string from the settings.ini file and populate the device string with that last valid device string.

You should be able to figure out the madness below and apply this to as many device strings as you need.

You can either trigger this by syncing it to run 30 seconds after your XML schedule, looking for one of the devices to change or be lazy like me and just run it every minute.

PHP Code:
                        Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)
                        Dim wTemp as string
                        Dim lenStr 
                        as string
                        Dim debugger 
                        as integer
                        debugger 

if debugger 1 then hs.writelog ("Weather" "Start")

'Weather for today is devicestring(1363) ***********
                        wTemp = hs.devicestring(1363)
                        if debugger = 1 then hs.writelog ("Weather 1363" , wTemp)
                        lenStr = len(wTemp)
                        if debugger = 1 then hs.writelog ("Weather 1363" , lenStr)
                        if lenStr > 15 then
                            hs.saveinisetting ("Weather","1363",wTemp,"")
                        else 
                            wTemp = hs.GetINISetting("Weather", "1363", "")
                            hs.SetDeviceString(1363, wTemp, True)
                            if debugger = 1 then hs.writelog ("Weather 1363 Get" , wTemp)
                            hs.writelog ("Weather 1363 Write" , wTemp)
                        end if

'
                        Weather for tonight is devicestring(1368)  ***********
                        wTemp hs.devicestring(1368)
                        if 
                        debugger 1 then hs.writelog ("Weather 1368" wTemp)
                        lenStr len(wTemp)
                        if 
                        debugger 1 then hs.writelog ("Weather 1368" lenStr)
                        if 
                        lenStr 15 then
                            hs
                        .saveinisetting ("Weather","1368",wTemp,"")
                        else 

wTemp hs.GetINISetting("Weather""1368""")

hs.SetDeviceString(1368wTempTrue)
                            if 
                        debugger 1 then hs.writelog ("Weather 1368 Get" wTemp)

hs.writelog ("Weather 1368 Write" wTemp)
                        end if

'Weather for tomorrow is devicestring(1365)  ***********
                        wTemp = hs.devicestring(1365)
                        if debugger = 1 then hs.writelog ("Weather 1365" , wTemp)
                        lenStr = len(wTemp)
                        if debugger = 1 then hs.writelog ("Weather 1365" , lenStr)
                        if lenStr > 15 then
                            hs.saveinisetting ("Weather","1365",wTemp,"")
                        else 
                            wTemp = hs.GetINISetting("Weather", "1365", "")
                            hs.SetDeviceString(1365, wTemp, True)
                            if debugger = 1 then hs.writelog ("Weather 1365 Get" , wTemp)
                            hs.writelog ("Weather 1365 Write" , wTemp)
                        end if

if debugger = 1 then hs.writelog ("Weather" , "End")
                        End Sub 
                        Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                        Pardon me if I missed this but I would like to manually trigger a schedule.

I'm running WeatherXML on Fire tablets and it appears sometimes the forecasts do not update so the field is blank except like "Wed:", "Wed Night:". I don't mind checking the device string length to ensure the device string isn't nearly blank. I just need a way to rerun the scheduled "Run Now". Once I manually hit "Run Now" it repopulates the forecast device strings.
                        Thanks for considering this.
                        Last edited by Bill Brower; January 2, 2018, 10:52 PM.

~Bill

Comment

I'm using Weather Undergound as my Data Source and I'm looking for a way to show "Station ID" on HSTouch screens. There are several WU locations around me and I'd like to be able to compare them. Is there a device or variable I'm overlooking, or could you please add one?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cfischer View Post
                            I'm using Weather Undergound as my Data Source and I'm looking for a way to show "Station ID" on HSTouch screens. There are several WU locations around me and I'd like to be able to compare them. Is there a device or variable I'm overlooking, or could you please add one?

Thanks!
                            Just a list of the stations? Or are saying you want to be able to see the data from each one?
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                              Just a list of the stations? Or are saying you want to be able to see the data from each one?
                              Just a device for each location (i.e. "Location 1 Station ID", "Location 2 Station ID", etc.)

There are several Weather Underground stations around me. I'd like to monitor a few of them on an HSTouch screen. (maybe toggling between different screens?) If there were a device with the Station ID, I could know which data I was looking at...

Comment

Norway yr.no

Yr.no delivers the xml in several languages, English and 2 variations of Norwegian.

It would be great to be able to utilize this.
                                It is quite simple. All you need is to be able to change/replace the /place/-part of the URL in the setup.

/sted/ and /stad/ will give the 2 Norwegian variations.

Also I was wondering about the "Feels like" values. Are these calculated?
                                I don't see them in the XML from yr.no, and the values in weatherXML is different from the values in the yr.no web pages.

Comment

Working...
                                X