Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement for missing Forecast

Hi Jeff,

Having an issue and hoping there is a work around or a new feature can be added.

I have a Weather Speak that I schedule to speak each day at 7 AM.
    The download of Forecast is scheduled once per hour at 3 minutes after the hour.
    Lately with WU the Forecast.xml has been empty more times than not, so my Weather Speak just does the hard-coded parts:

Good morning. Today is Wednesday. Tonight. Thursday. Thursday night. Sunset today is at 8 o 7 PM. Have a great Wednesday.

(08-03-01 xml file attached)

HTML Code:
    	<forecast>
    		<txt_forecast>
    		<date></date>
    		<forecastdays>
    		<forecastday>
    		<period>0</period>
    		<icon>clear</icon>
    		<icon_url>http://icons.wxug.com/i/c/k/clear.gif</icon_url>
    		<title></title>
    		<fcttext><![CDATA[]]></fcttext>
    		<fcttext_metric><![CDATA[]]></fcttext_metric>
    		<pop>0</pop>
    		</forecastday>
    		<forecastday>

vs when there is data:

HTML Code:
    	<forecast>
    		<txt_forecast>
    		<date>7:24 AM CDT</date>
    		<forecastdays>
    		<forecastday>
    		<period>0</period>
    		<icon>clear</icon>
    		<icon_url>http://icons.wxug.com/i/c/k/clear.gif</icon_url>
    		<title>Wednesday</title>
    		<fcttext><![CDATA[A good deal of sunshine. Record high temperatures expected. High 96F. Winds light and variable.]]></fcttext>
    		<fcttext_metric><![CDATA[]]></fcttext_metric>
    		<pop>0</pop>
    		</forecastday>
    So the question is... is there a way, or can we have, a way to put a message in when data is blank?

I see, in the settings page, a field you can type in what you want displayed or spoken if there is no data from the weather service (including the use of variables like last update time). Then when the schedule runs and pulls the file from the weather service and it is blank, it uses what you put in the settings field instead.

So in my case, since the 0803 file was empty, I would have it something like:

"No Forecast data as of" <8 o 3 am> or use the <date> info from the last good download, which in my case is
    HTML Code:
    <date>7:24 AM CDT</date>
    Let me know if there is already a way to do this..

Thanks,

Michael
    Attached Files
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Take a look at this thread

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195806
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff. Looks like our existing free keys will continue to work for now, so unless there is an easy fix, I guess I will just need to live with the missing data.

Michael
      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks for posting the shots of the files. Now that I can see that the data is empty as well. I can test for a valid date and if the date is blank, skip the import. A forecast from an hour or two ago would be better than a blank forecast.
        Would that work better for you?
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff,

That works for me. I appreciate all your hard work for an awesome, free plugin!

Guy

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
            Thanks for posting the shots of the files. Now that I can see that the data is empty as well. I can test for a valid date and if the date is blank, skip the import. A forecast from an hour or two ago would be better than a blank forecast.
            Would that work better for you?
            Love it! Thanks Jeff.

Comment

Jeff,

Is the date (more specifically the time) from the file saved to a variable that can be used in the speech?

I would like to be able to have my speech say the time the data is from, so if the file is blank for a number of hours the the device would speak the last saved time since you are going to skip the import.

With the file from above, it would be
              PHP Code:
              <date>7:24 AM CDT</date
              So for me it would be something like:

#delay7# $$GLOBALVAR:stimegreet:. Today is #dayName0#. As of #TIME OF LAST IMPORT VARIABLE#, #dayForecast0#

Would then be:

Good Morning. Today is Friday. As of 7:24 AM CDT, A good deal of sunshine. Record high temperatures expected.....

Thanks,

Michael

Comment

Currently the time is not set in a device. I am off Monday and plan to work on fixes while my wife is at work. I'll see how much I can get done.
                I'll look into adding a way to get the last time valid data was received.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I installed the update this morning. I always shut down my plugins before I update them and then restart them. I noticed that the Forecast schedule is not correct now. I updated this morning around 9:30 so the 9:03 ran but the Start and End are off showing a Negative Run Seconds.

36 minutes
                  May/30/2018
                  12:03 PM
                  Once Every 1 hours at 3 minutes past the hour.
                  Starting at 0:00 o'clock and ending at 23 :59 o'clock.
                  Total Run Seconds: -7198
                  Start: 5/30/2018 11:03:00 AM End: 5/30/2018 9:03:02 AM

Do I need to redo something?

Were you able to add the last update to the plugin also? If so, what is the variable name so I can alter my speech events.

Michael

Comment

Look in the log for any errors.

As for the new variable, I have not gotten to that yet.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

This was in the log.

May-30 11:03:21 weatherXML Error File: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\weatherXML\WUForecast1.xml does not exist. Unable to continue import.
                      May-30 11:03:21 weatherXML Error downloadFile: WU Forecast from: http://api.wunderground.com/api/API#...q/LAT,-LON.xml. Error: Unable to connect to the remote server

May-30 11:03:00 weatherXML Replacement URL: http://api.wunderground.com/api/API/...q/LAT,-LON.xml
                      May-30 11:03:00 weatherXML Download WU Forecast: 37
                      May-30 11:03:00 weatherXML Data from Lat/Long
                      May-30 11:03:00 weatherXML Forecast Source: wu
                      May-30 11:03:00 weatherXML Running Forecast

I know I had internet at 11:03 as I was working on a client server via vpn so maybe there was a WU hickup.

I let it run one more hour and then this came in:

May-30 12:03:12 weatherXML The file C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\weatherXML\WUForecast1.xml is ready for import.
                      May-30 12:03:12 weatherXML Warning Current WU Forecast File is from a past date: Jan/03/2018 11:00 AM
                      May-30 12:03:12 weatherXML Set forecast information
                      May-30 12:03:00 weatherXML Replacement URL: http://api.wunderground.com/api/API/...q/LAT,-LON.xml
                      May-30 12:03:00 weatherXML Download WU Forecast: 41
                      May-30 12:03:00 weatherXML Data from Lat/Long
                      May-30 12:03:00 weatherXML Forecast Source: wu
                      May-30 12:03:00 weatherXML Running Forecast

The noon run seem to correct the negative run seconds and your fix it working as the noon file was empty but it kept the 9:03 am version. Just the warning about the old file.

Thanks,

Michael

Comment

I am not seeing the latest update in the updater? Was it removed?

Comment

It is in the Weather section.
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

For some reason its not showing up for me.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jpape View Post
                              For some reason its not showing up for me.
                              weatherXML - second from the bottom in the image in your post.

Go up to the top of the plugin section and click on the button labeled Update Listings.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X