This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
    If not I will try to get some debug logging. Problem is that it may take a day or two before the error shows up again.
    enable log to file at debug level, then just send me the log file (Logs/Chromecast.txt) and the time at which you noticed the problem.

Comment

Well, this seems ironic!

https://www.blog.google/products/ass...gle-assistant/

Spud, does this changes things with the plug-in?

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
        Spud, does this changes things with the plug-in?
        no, the plugin interacts with the chromecast builtin features of the google Home, but not directly with the Google assistant part.

Comment

If there was any way to actually interact with the assistant, I think that would open up several new abilities. I am by far not a programmer, so I dont know what is involved to do that. But being able to send a message saying "Play music in the living room" and have it act on that would be awesome.

Just my 2 cents.

Check out this link

https://beebom.com/how-get-google-as...ows-mac-linux/

Comment

All is running now !

Hi,
            I have my chromecast plugin running fine now.
            Spud helped me.
            I had a version of Newtonsoft.Json.dll in HS3 root dir conflicting with the one used by the Chromecast plugin in bin/Chromecast.

Thanks again, Spud !!!

This is a very useful plugin, it helps me to get a livestream from my
            outdoor cam onto my TV.
            Re switching from HDMI back to TV I do with the Harmony plugin.

Regards,
            Fischi

Comment

Hi Spud,
              I want to cast the content of my outdoor camera onto my tv.
              I've created a chromecast cast event and inserted the valid url
              http://84.142.xxx.xxx/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=109
              or another cast event
              http://84.142.xxx.xxx/mjpg/video.mjpg?timestamp=
              but the chromecast doesn't show the livestream.
              Where can be the issue ?

Regards,
              Fischi

Comment

OK,
                I've found the solution by myself :
                I have been changing the MIME type of the second event from video/mjpg
                to image/mjpg because the chromecast doesn't understand mjpg.

Thanks,
                Fischi

Comment

Hi Spud,
                  can you add a possibility to set the chromecast application to "backdrop" ?
                  I can do it this the google home ios app but I want it to do with the help of
                  your plugin.
                  After manual switching back my tv from HDMI to TV and running a HS chromecast cast event again the tv doesn't switch back to HDMI, only if the
                  Chromecast is in the backdrop mode.

It would be very useful to add this feature to the plugin.

Regards,
                  Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
                    Hi Spud,
                    can you add a possibility to set the chromecast application to "backdrop" ?
                    I can do it this the google home ios app but I want it to do with the help of
                    your plugin.
                    After manual switching back my tv from HDMI to TV and running a HS chromecast cast event again the tv doesn't switch back to HDMI, only if the
                    Chromecast is in the backdrop mode.
                    I guess what you mean is the option to "disconnect" a stream, going back to "None" or "Backdrop" (depending on how you setup the CC). Similar to disconnect by using the Google Home app. I would like this feature as well.
                    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      What apps are you using with the chromecast?
                      Could you provide full debug logs?
                      The errors you posted may not be related to the freezing problem. In version 3.0.0.9 I fixed one possible cause for these errors, so please use this version.
                      Since using 3.0.0.9 the errors in the log are gone. However, I still loose the connection with my Chromecast devices. A quick disconnect/connect updates to the correct status instantly. Not sure if/what logs I can give you as I don't have a clue when the disconnect occurs until I look at the HS3 CC devices.
                      stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                        I guess what you mean is the option to "disconnect" a stream, going back to "None" or "Backdrop" (depending on how you setup the CC). Similar to disconnect by using the Google Home app. I would like this feature as well.
                        Stefxx,
                        yes this would be a great addition.
                        Let's hope Spud will find a solution for this

Fischi

Comment

Can not connect to Chromecast after successful discovery

Hi, any ideas what can be the wrong with the following setup:
                          - HS on Windows machine
                          - Windows Firewall service is Off
                          - Chromecast plugin version 3.0.0.8
                          - Plugin discovers all Chromecasts successfully, no issues
                          - When i press "Test" button next to any of discovered Chromecasts on plugin config page nothing happens, and I see following lines in the log:
                          Code:
                          Nov-22 09:48:56	 	Chromecast	ERROR Not connected to chromecast Kitchen TV
                          Nov-22 09:48:56	 	Chromecast	DEBUG Playing http://10.0.0.75:80/Wave/chromecast20171122094856757.wav on Kitchen TV
                          Nov-22 09:48:56	 	Chromecast	INFO (Kitchen TV): Hello, this is a test for chromecast plug-in
                          Nov-22 09:48:56	 	Chromecast	DEBUG calling SpeakToFile text=Hello, this is a test for chromecast plug-in file=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Wave\chromecast20171122094856757.wav
                          Just in case part of log files related to Chromecast discovery:
                          Code:
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	INFO Connecting to Kitchen TV
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG rs = ''
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG nf = '1'
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG bs = 'FA8FCA760B98'
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG st = '0'
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG ca = '4101'
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG fn = 'Kitchen TV'
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG ic = '/setup/icon.png'
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG md = 'Chromecast'
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG ve = '05'
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG rm = ''
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG cd = '33F456973E6A3891C50C54EA408562F4'
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG id = '0d3a038525258b94665807e5769fd373'
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG TXT Records =
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG Resolved Service: Chromecast-0d3a038525258b94665807e5769fd373 - _googlecast._tcp. - 10.0.0.73 - 8009
                          Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	INFO Found Service: Chromecast-0d3a038525258b94665807e5769fd373

Comment

Originally posted by superpups View Post
                            Hi, any ideas what can be the wrong with the following setup:
                            - HS on Windows machine
                            - Windows Firewall service is Off
                            - Chromecast plugin version 3.0.0.8
                            - Plugin discovers all Chromecasts successfully, no issues
                            - When i press "Test" button next to any of discovered Chromecasts on plugin config page nothing happens, and I see following lines in the log:
                            Code:
                            Nov-22 09:48:56	 	Chromecast	ERROR Not connected to chromecast Kitchen TV
                            Nov-22 09:48:56	 	Chromecast	DEBUG Playing http://10.0.0.75:80/Wave/chromecast20171122094856757.wav on Kitchen TV
                            Nov-22 09:48:56	 	Chromecast	INFO (Kitchen TV): Hello, this is a test for chromecast plug-in
                            Nov-22 09:48:56	 	Chromecast	DEBUG calling SpeakToFile text=Hello, this is a test for chromecast plug-in file=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Wave\chromecast20171122094856757.wav
                            Just in case part of log files related to Chromecast discovery:
                            Code:
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	INFO Connecting to Kitchen TV
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG rs = ''
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG nf = '1'
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG bs = 'FA8FCA760B98'
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG st = '0'
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG ca = '4101'
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG fn = 'Kitchen TV'
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG ic = '/setup/icon.png'
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG md = 'Chromecast'
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG ve = '05'
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG rm = ''
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG cd = '33F456973E6A3891C50C54EA408562F4'
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG id = '0d3a038525258b94665807e5769fd373'
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG TXT Records =
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	DEBUG Resolved Service: Chromecast-0d3a038525258b94665807e5769fd373 - _googlecast._tcp. - 10.0.0.73 - 8009
                            Nov-22 09:30:37	 	Chromecast	INFO Found Service: Chromecast-0d3a038525258b94665807e5769fd373
                            Do you have a Newtonsoft.Json.dll in your HS3 root directory?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                              Do you have a Newtonsoft.Json.dll in your HS3 root directory?
                              Yes, I do

Comment

Originally posted by superpups View Post
                                Yes, I do
                                delete or rename it, it's probably causing a conflict with the one used by the Chromecast plugin in bin/Chromecast

This dll has probably been installed by another plugin, but it shouldn't be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X