Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated to 49, Z wave 'stat no longer polling?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated to 49, Z wave 'stat no longer polling?

I updated from an earlier version of 2.5 to 49, and now my Z-Wave thermostat (ostensibly a CT30) is no longer being polled. I had no problems with polling before (well, except when the thermostat itself would freak out), and have tried re-optimizing, resetting the Z interface, restarting HS, disabling polling and re-enabling. I can manually refresh the status via http://localhost/ZWStat_statusGas Thermostat Control Z14 (14) Z-Wave Thermostat Today 10:19:04 PM

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Chris

Try a search as this has been covered extensively. You will need to use hs.polldevice or roll back to a previous version.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok, will do, thanks for the info.

Just curious, what is the advantage of not allowing autonomous polling?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper View Post
        Ok, will do, thanks for the info.

Just curious, what is the advantage of not allowing autonomous polling?

Chris
        I'm still waiting on an answer for this issue but I believe it's a bug. Rick made a change so that setting polling on the stat didn't poll all of the children devices because there was too much polling going on. This change, I believe, broke the ability to set polling on the stat. The work around is to use the HomeSeer poll function.

Comment

Good news, this is fixed in HS version .51 to posted in the next few days.

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Thanks,
            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Good news, this is fixed in HS version .51 to posted in the next few days.
              That's great news. Hopefully it will also fix polling of other devices too.
              All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

The new HS version has been posted to http://homeseer.com/downloads/

Comment

Rupp, does this mean we no longer have to poll with an event?
                  Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Thanks, appears that autonomous polling is working again.

Comment

I don't see .51 posted.

Comment

lol, no, I guess not. Was there a recall on that point release?

Comment

It was yesterday a few hours after release and installed by a number of HS users.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I just updated to .52 from . 49 and the polling feature for the thermostat doesn't seem to be working still. I also tried [ hs.PollDevice "q18" ] and I can't even get that to execute. Perhaps I am missing something small.

edit: Alright I was able to set up an event and execute an immediate command to poll the t-stat. However HS will not poll using the config page of the device.
                            Last edited by kaffeene; March 25, 2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

My CT20 stopped responding after I updated to .52. Turns out that somehow it had lost it's ZWave connection so I had to reset and re-add it to the ZWave network and now it's working fine.
                              I don't know how it happened but the little radio tower symbol on the screen was blank and HS just kept erroring on it until I finally re-added it to the network.
                              All is good now (so far).

Comment

Working...
                              X