X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, you need to keep the ini file set to 0! Setting it to 1 puts it back to as it was in the previous version.
    Jon

Comment

Just tried it with ini file set to 0.
      And now in the log it says when i disable and enable plugin
      Jon00Plugin Disabling Plugin: Harmony Hub
      and
      Jon00Plugin Enabling Plugin: Harmony Hub

BUT, it does not disable or enable the plugin.
      I tried multiple different plugins, and it does not work on any of them.

Comment

From your manual
        When set to 1, the Plugin list shown on both virtual devices will automatically be updated whenever you enable or disable a plugin. If this is set to 0, the list is only updated when HS3 is started.

Comment

Originally posted by andlan View Post
          Just tried it with ini file set to 0.
          And now in the log it says when i disable and enable plugin
          Jon00Plugin Disabling Plugin: Harmony Hub
          and
          Jon00Plugin Enabling Plugin: Harmony Hub

BUT, it does not disable or enable the plugin.
          I tried multiple different plugins, and it does not work on any of them.
          It is working on all of mine with it set to 0 or to 1. I have mine at 0 so that the devices are only built at startup. There were problems (very unpredictable) where the devices' content would be erased during operation and I was never able to figure out when or why. With it set at 0 it has not happened again.

Are you waiting for the plug-in management page to refresh or forcing a reload to verify that it is disabled?

Here are log entries from my disabling and enabling a plug-in using Jon’s devices:

May-13 1:15:03 PM Starting Plug-In Device History loaded in 1861 milliseconds
          May-13 1:15:02 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Device History started successfully in 1628 milliseconds
          May-13 1:15:01 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Device History ...
          May-13 1:15:01 PM Info Plugin Device History has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:5386
          May-13 1:15:01 PM Jon00Plugin Enabling Plugin: Device History
          May-13 1:14:22 PM Info Plugin Device History with instance: has disconnected
          May-13 1:14:22 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Device History
          May-13 1:14:22 PM Jon00Plugin Disabling Plugin: Device History
          Last edited by randy; June 1, 2018, 09:07 AM.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I tried both waiting for it to refresh on its own and force refresh.
            but in the log it is only the entry from Jon00Plugin, and nothing from the plugin itself telling me its stopping/starting

Comment

Jon00,

I need to disable and enable plugin from event on my hometroller 6s pro running windows 7. What is the best version of your plugin to use?

Also, how do I install this plugin? I assume it is not via the plugin updater in device management screen. I see where it can be downloaded from your site but where do I save it and what is procedure to install the plugin?

Do you have a sample event where I can disable a plugin and then wait a period of time and then enable it?

Thanks Much !!!!! Rick
              Last edited by Rick Bonari; May 28, 2018, 08:31 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Just unzip the download file (preserving the file structure) to a temporary directory. Then look under Version 2/Homeseer HS3/docs for the documentation pdf. This explains how to install and setup events to disable/enable a plugin.
                Jon

Comment

Plugin not working for me either

As Andlan mentionned earlier in this tread, I also have issue with the plugin, I just installed it and created an event disabling and enabling plugin with a 20 seconds between each command and altough in the log file I see :

mai-31 18:53:34 Jon00Plugin Enabling Plugin: Homekit bridge
                  mai-31 18:53:14 Jon00Plugin Disabling Plugin: Homekit bridge

the plugin is never stopped or started. (I tried with 7 other of my plugin)

I also tried manually both devices to stop and restart, they don't work either,

looking at old logs I saw that for some peaople adding the IP adress in the INI file fixed their issue but not for me, here is the content of my INI file:
                  [Info]
                  Version=1.0.4
                  [Settings]
                  UpdateMode=0
                  HS3HostIP=192.168.1.70

Any idea what could the issue be ?

Current Date/Time: 31-05-18 19:04:58
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Famille - Work Station
                  System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 35 Minutes 21 Seconds
                  IP Address: 192.168.1.70
                  Number of Devices: 660
                  Number of Events: 254
                  Available Threads: 800
                  HSTouch Enabled: False
                  Event Threads: 2
                  Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                  Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                  Device Exec Queue: 0
                  HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                  Email Send Queue: 0
                  Anti Virus Installed: Avast Antivirus Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.54.0: BLBackup
                  2.0.14.0: BLLogMonitor
                  3.1.3.33206: Blue-Iris
                  1.2.3.0: Device History
                  3.0.0.15: EnvCan
                  3.0.0.40: EnvisaLink
                  3.7.2.0: Harmony Hub
                  1.473.16283.1915: Homekit bridge
                  1.3.0.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
                  3.4.1.0: mcsMQTT
                  3.1.2.3: MeiKu
                  3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                  0.0.0.42: Pushover 3P
                  1.0.0.7: Restart
                  3.1.0.22: Sonos
                  3.0.6413.20219: UltraNetCam3
                  3.0.6702.34494: UltraWeatherWU3
                  3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

What do you see in the HS log when you operate manually? Do you allow local logins without a password?
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      What do you see in the HS log when you operate manually? Do you allow local logins without a password?
                      Jon

I I manually disable the plugin via the device, I have the same lines in the log file:
                      mai-31 19:14:17 Jon00Plugin Disabling Plugin: Homekit bridge
                      and still the plugins are not disabled

And yes, the ''No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)'' is ticked in the setup page.

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
                        Jon

I I manually disable the plugin via the device, I have the same lines in the log file:
                        mai-31 19:14:17 Jon00Plugin Disabling Plugin: Homekit bridge
                        and still the plugins are not disabled

And yes, the ''No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)'' is ticked in the setup page.
                        Just to make sure I understand the plugin process, when I select the '' Disable '' option I guessed that in the plugin management page I should see that the plugin status is Disabled !

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
                          Just to make sure I understand the plugin process, when I select the '' Disable '' option I guessed that in the plugin management page I should see that the plugin status is Disabled !
                          Yes, that is correct.

I've just taken another look and it appears I introduced a bug when updating to V1.0.4.

Please try V1.0.5 on my site to see if it resolves your issue.
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                            Yes, that is correct.

I've just taken another look and it appears I introduced a bug when updating to V1.0.4.

Please try V1.0.5 on my site to see if it resolves your issue.

Comment

I'm having a slightly different issue.

I installed the Version 2 of the HS3 plug.

Added the VB line in the startup file per the PDF doc.

Restarted Homeseer.

The virtual devices got created perfectly, and I can reference these 2x new devices for scripting within Events, but the dropdown list of Plugins is BLANK -> none of my plugins are included in the drop down box on the HS3 web home page. See attached screenshot.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Have you refreshed the device management page? If that fails, try a HomeSeer restart again.

Do you have 'No Password Required for Local Login' ticked under Setup, Network Tab, Web Server Settings?
                                Is this on Windows or Linux?
                                What version of HomeSeer are you running?
                                Last edited by jon00; June 22, 2018, 12:00 PM.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X