Universal Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal Module

What "device" should I use when trying to use a universal module - it does not seem to be on the list of avialable choices - maybe I am missing something. Doesn't seem to respond to reporting its status either.

Thanks,
    TC

tchofelich,

Universal modules are not 2-way devices and as such will not report their status when polled. Which is why many use other methods for determining the status of the controlled device.

Lacking other choices, I have always just typed in what I want the device to be called. I have several powerflash modules that I just call "Status Device".
    Sometimes what you want to call them is more descriptive than the "pulldown choices"

Chuck

Comment

Thanks! I'll find another way of looking at the status.

TC

Comment

What are you trying to accomplish and maybe we can offer some suggestions.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am using the universal to turn on a Rainbird valve to irrigate some plants (see http://www.tchofelich.org/Hanging_pl...Irrigation.htm). I have been using a regular "timer" but wanted to incorporate this into Homeseer. What I need to know is - Is the water left on or not?

What i did in a temporary sense was to add an additional lamp module with the same X10 address so that when the universal module turns on, it does as well. Of course, this isn't a "real" status. I could use a Powerlink module to sense the voltae, I suppose. But maybe you folks have a more cleaver way of accomplishing this?

Thanks again -

(have bought the upgrade to 2.0 but haven't made the conversion yet)

TC

Comment

Working...
          X