Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan,

Thanks.

I would be interested in how you are using this, primarily as I found your post yesterday regarding abandoning your own project (which I knew nothing about).
    Jon

Comment

Fantastic job and great plugin.

Thank you very much,
      Aldo

Comment

Jon, you rock!

I just wrapped up with some new DSC plugin testing so I will work in yours next. Once you helped me understand what was going on, that is... LOL

Hey, you said, "Added replacement variables which can be used to insert information from Homeseer into any command parameter." and I want to know if this means that I can send information from the Client Virtual devices to the status information of Network Virtual devices?

The purpose would be to have just one "device" entry per computer/component in the WebGUI that would have the information for both the client and network devices. This way, I can "hide" the client virtual devices. My user group all reported that having the two devices was confusing but, they would like to get the info provided by both. So, a way to combine the information in one virtual device is REALLY desireable.
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Unfortunately, it does not mean that!

Replacement variables are a method to put Homeseer information into the parameters.

As a simple example, using a popup message you could now write the text as:

"The time is now [time] and the date is [date]"

The [time] and [date] tags get replaced with the actual time and date.

I cannot do much regarding combining - I have to keep them separate as they do totally different things. A good example is in an earlier thread where I explained it is possible to run multiple clients on a single machine. Then set each account to run a different client so it will show you who is using the PC at the time (by the client in use).
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
            Fantastic job and great plugin.

Thank you very much,
            Aldo
            Thanks Aldo. A LOT of work has gone into this one as it's actually two programs (Client & Homeseer).
            Jon

Comment

AH, gotcha! Thanks, Jon!

Still working on getting the new version installed. I will report back shortly.
              Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                AH, gotcha! Thanks, Jon!

Still working on getting the new version installed. I will report back shortly.
                Did you get this working?
                Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,
                  I'm getting this error, do you know why?
                  Jon00_RCCNM Error in network function: (An exception occurred during a Ping request.)

I'm not that familiar with scripts, could I run this within a vb script?
                  &Result=hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main","2||shutdown")
                  right now I'm using it as part of the action "run a script".
                  I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but while I was running the script, I was getting the message "The script is still running continue or abort"

Thanks again for the great plugins.

Aldo

Comment

First off - are you using the latest version and updated the clients on all PC's?
                    Jon

Comment

Yes I did, I enjoyed working on your plugin all day yesterday

Comment

Check the hs threads page. Do you see Jon00RCCM.vben or Jon00RCCM_A.vben marked as running or WaitSleepJoin?

Do you get the error all the time or just occasionally?

How often do you check the network i.e. every minute?

Regarding the script call, you would use:

&Result=hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main","2||shutdown")

as a script statement in an event. To use it in a vb.net script (i.e. with a .vb extension) you would need to do something like:

Dim Result As String=hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main","2||shutdown")

In a vb script (i.e. with a .txt extension) you would use:

Dim Result
                        Result=hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main","2||shutdown")
                        Jon

Comment

Check the hs threads page. Do you see Jon00RCCM.vben or Jon00RCCM_A.vben marked as running or WaitSleepJoin?
                          They are WaitSleepJoin

Almost all the times, I think I get it when it cannot ping a device.

Every 4 minutes.

In regard of the scripts, just what I was looking for, thanks.

Comment

Jon,
                            This package looks like it will do just what I want - plus a whole lot more! I guess I passed over it because it appeared to be for network monitoring and I didn't look closely enough to see the control capabilities. Thanks for pointing it out.
                            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Just an FYI, yesterday it stopped around 11:30 PM, from the log I can't tell why.

Comment

They are WaitSleepJoin

Almost all the times, I think I get it when it cannot ping a device.

Every 4 minutes.

In regard of the scripts, just what I was looking for, thanks.
                                Just an FYI, yesterday it stopped around 11:30 PM, from the log I can't tell why.
                                I've corrected a bug in the ping routine which should address this issue.

Version 1.06 is now available.

There is now a method to change the ping text for 'timed out' or 'unreachable' to something else should you find the wording too long on the virtual device.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X