This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS10A Alert - Event sends multiple Email Messages

I'm trying to create an event that will txt me one time when my garage is left open in the evening (30 minutes after sunset). And then re-txt me 30 minutes later if the alert condition is still there.

Specifics:

Emailing/txt is setup just fine in general.

DS12a is mounted on my garage door and sends out an 'Alert' condition just fine when door is open.

I've created an event that triggers on alert condition from DS12a with an action to email me.

When I activate by opening the garage the event starts and HS sends a continuous stream of emails!! It doesn't stop until the garage is closed! I got like 50 emails testing last night!

Any suggestions?

In your event setup set the field "Cannot retrigger for" to 1800 seconds. The event will then fire every 30 minutes when the door is open.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
      In your event setup set the field "Cannot retrigger for" to 1800 seconds. The event will then fire every 30 minutes when the door is open.

I don't see that option with the "Device Value Change" trigger.

Comment

It's on the first tab of the event where you enter the event name.
        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
          It's on the first tab of the event where you enter the event name.

just found it - wow, cant believe i missed that. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X