device/site status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

device/site status

i am trying to get an email alert when my program starts and finishes. i have tried with area 1 status device "value changes and becomes..." ON or OFF... but that triggers for every zone... not just the program. is there a way to do this? i tried site status also... maybe not using the right device trigger? thanks
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

What you are doing should work with either area or site. There is also a status device that contains the zone device code in the DeviceString for starting and ending zone. I am not were I have access to mcsSprinklers now so not able to try things myself to see what may be happening.

Comment

try it when you can. i tried events with site and area status device on and off and it went on and off each time the zone changed. i know i can run a first and last zone on/off alert... but i'm curious why the site and area devices go on and off each zone. thanks
      HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Hi Mike. Any thoughts on this? I have it working with first zone device on and Last zone device off. But it should do as site or area? Thanks. George

Comment

The logic is now implemented to update the area and site status devices when a zone device is updated. The scheduling is done to first turn off a device and then turn on the next device. The time between the turn off and turn on causes the area and site devices to turn off if no other zone was running. I will change this in a future build to only update the area and site status at the end of a scheduling interval.

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X