Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

False received on or off devices

Dear Stipus:

I get too much change of devices status with no activity in de devices ... many events relay in the status of switch managed devices, so when I get a phantom on off device, events are false triggered. I do poll the devices every minute.
    Is there any work around?

Double-check if live and neutral are correct on every PLCBUS module.

If live and neutral are reversed on ANY module, it can cause problems to OTHER modules....
    --
    stipus

Comment

Dear Stipus ... if all devices respond ok to a status request ... do you think there is a chance that one module had bad wiring?

Comment

I can't be 100% certain.

Here I had such problems with a plugin module that was plugged the wrong way.

All modules still responded to status request, but this created weird Polling problems with other modules....

- How many PlcBus modules do you have ? How long to check them all ?
        - Do you have plugin modules ?
        - Are you certain the PLCBUS 1141 interface is plugged correctly (live on live, neutral on neutral).
        - If you are not 100% certain (sometimes the wires are reversed before the wall socket)... try to plug your 1141 the other way (if your plug type makes it possible).

Good luck... it took me a few hours to double-check every module with a live detector screw driver... and once every module and 1141 were live on live, random polling problems stopped.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Working...
        X