This is annoying to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is annoying to me

I just replaced a Linear wall switch with the HS WS 100+ switch. Everything went fine but after having to restart my system due to me hitting the wrong breaker I get a "No Status" notice, yet everything appears to work fine. This is whether the light is on or off.

I get red "?" at times, the garage door indicator shows some unknown symbol, strange things indicate then all of a sudden it all returns back to normal.

Any ideas why?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    I just replaced a Linear wall switch with the HS WS 100+ switch. Everything went fine but after having to restart my system due to me hitting the wrong breaker I get a "No Status" notice, yet everything appears to work fine. This is whether the light is on or off.

I get red "?" at times, the garage door indicator shows some unknown symbol, strange things indicate then all of a sudden it all returns back to normal.

Any ideas why?
    That is the same problem I have had when replacing an older switch that is only a single device with the HS switches with three. Many times it can be fixed by rescanning the switch. On two occasions (both with Linear switches) I had to exclude and include them again - breaking events. Try rescanning the switch and see if it doesn't create the root and two child devices.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Rescan did not help. I wonder why it was fine for a few days, then suddenly started acting up. That bothers me more than anything else.

BTW, from a previous posting, the garage device icons have returned to normal.

Comment

Self analysis reveals I am slightly OCD

I excluded the HS WS100 and reincluded it non-secure. PERFECT!

I now wonder why I bother including things securely when it seems non-secure handles devices so much better. It would be nice if a device would send a message such as "Add securely for better function" when it's needed.

Comment

Working...
        X