No announcement yet.

CT30 Important Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, did a rescan of my Ct-30, it is now reading the proper thing for Beaming.

:-)

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Hi Dan,
      Just to confirm what yours read? Is it a reading True Beam 1000 or just True?

Thanks,
      Aldo

Comment

I'm trying to reprogram one these again, It has been long time, does anyone have instructions that can share with me? I have Z-stick as a controller.

Thanks,
        Aldo

Comment

Yesterday I was successfully add a thermostat with "True" instead of (True Beam 1000) I have two quick questions:
          1) Can I remove and add (reprogram) a previous thermostat on the same house code?
          2) I'm not sure what is the right sequence to program the Thermostat with z-stick. I was able to program the one above but not sure how I did it.

Thanks,
          Aldo

Comment

it was saying True. It now says True (Beam 1000). All other devices, except the 3 locks in my network, only say True.

So, I'm wondering, if this can now do beaming, if I can use THAT as the beaming extender node for my locks.

hmm...

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Wow, I just ran a new network optimize:
              This is SO AWESOME! I've NEVER had better than 4, for the front door lock signal strength. And at that, it was spotty. So, sometimes the front lock would not register that it was unlocked, or locked, because it would send out it's status, but the server couldn't see it (the concrete walls of the basement got in the way).

However, since rescanning the thermostat, and it registering as a Beaming device, that means it can talk "lock" talk. And GUESS what!? I am now registering a signal quality of 8 on zwho!

WOW! That is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!

--Dan

Comment

Dan,
                Interesting, I have two with True Beam 1000 and the last one that I programmed yesterday with only True. The two with True beam 1000 I have issues with, once an a while I lose them and I have to reset. I will keep an eye on the one that says True without the Beam 1000 to see how it behaves.

Do you have z-stick and if yes could you please send the instructions on how you programmed it?

Thanks,
                Aldo

Comment

I use the Wayne Dalton Z-Stick.

My stick happens to sit in the basement 5' underneath where the Thermostat is screwed into the main floor wall.

I had a heck of a time adding it. The last thing I did, after restoring my network from a backup (to "delete" everything). I pulled the batteries of the CT-30. I then cut the power to the furnace, via the furnace cut-off switch. I then watched one episode of Star Trek TNG (so waited about 45 minutes). Finally, I re-applied power. NOTE: The C-wire had been previously connected. At this time, I used my cellphone to log into the Z-Wave webpage. I don't remember WHICH button I pressed, but I "enabled" the stat for Z-Wave add. I then clicked "add node" on the webpage. After it did whatever it did, the unit added. I then re-added in the batteries and screwed it back into the wall. I had been fighting the batteries draining weekly. And if I am not mistaken, it was this thread that indicated to remove the batteries and re-add, ensuring the C wire was attached.

And until I read through your postings, I never noticed that it only said TRUE. So, I tried to rescan node. And it showed up with TRUE and BEAM. This afternoon, I re-optimized the network, and BING my Front Door Lock is now in "excellent" signal quality.

HTH,

--Dan

Comment

Does anyone know how to hard reset these thermostats? I'm looking thru various posting but I can not seem to find anything about that topic, please help.

Comment

The link posted at the top only takes me to login page for MyHS remote. After logging in, I am not directed to the product page for the CT-30. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by rar2667 View Post
                        The link posted at the top only takes me to login page for MyHS remote. After logging in, I am not directed to the product page for the CT-30. What am I doing wrong?
                        Not doing anything wrong. That link is 8 years old and pointed to their store page for the CT30. The website has been redone since then (a few times) and they no longer sell the CT30. Weird that it redirects to MyHS. You'll have to google for the info you need.
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I wouldn't bother buying a CT30 new at this point, and would instead look for a Z-Wave+ thermostat.

With that said, the CT30 does still work (in fact, I literally just added another one last night to keep track of the temperature in my attic, and will deploy yet another soon to my barn to monitor the temperature in there when controlling the propane heater), and you should be able to pick them pretty cheap on eBay. The trick is that the CT30 is Z-Wave, so you have to be careful about making sure you have enough repeaters.

Chris

Comment

I updated the first post and fixed the link. Our recommended thermostat is the 2GIG, link to that is in the first post. The batteries last more than twice as long as the CT30. I had 2 CT30's in my home and replaced them with the 2GIG.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                            X