This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for copy of RCSX10Tstat 2.0.128 installer

Does anybody out there have a copy of the RCSX10Thermostat v2.0.128 installer file? I had a disk loss and lost this file (among others.) I don't need to reinstall it now but would feel better if I had the file just in case. Jim's www.doosoft.com site is now gone and I don't know where else to look for it. (The HomeSeer updater never went beyond v2.0.105.)

Thanks.
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
    Does anybody out there have a copy of the RCSX10Thermostat v2.0.128 installer file? I had a disk loss and lost this file (among others.) I don't need to reinstall it now but would feel better if I had the file just in case. Jim's www.doosoft.com site is now gone and I don't know where else to look for it. (The HomeSeer updater never went beyond v2.0.105.)

Thanks.
    The app is provided here. Its not an installer per se. You have to copy the plugin to your homeseer directory. I would like to know what's better about it. Since one of my stats is an TX10B and does not have autosend, I have not tried it

Paul
    Last edited by pbibm; August 25, 2011, 09:16 PM. Reason: Put the link in
    Paul

Comment

My bad... that is the installer. Download it to your server, unzip it and run it. It would be nice if this exe installer were pinned with the source files in this section
      Paul

Comment

That's the ticket!

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
        The app is provided here. Its not an installer per se. You have to copy the plugin to your homeseer directory. I would like to know what's better about it. Since one of my stats is an TX10B and does not have autosend, I have not tried it

Paul
        Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. The readme file in the package shows all the changes that were made to v128 from the v105 that is in the HSUpdater.

Thanks

(It's too bad this board is so hard to search...)
        Steve

Comment

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. The readme file in the package shows all the changes that were made to v128 from the v105 that is in the HSUpdater.

Thanks

(It's too bad this board is so hard to search...)
          No problem and don't sweat it. Boards are great at collaborative problem solving but get to be worse libraries as more and more time goes by. If I know where it is and can help somebody, I help them.

...I would be curious what your experience iwith this version is.. I know I can read the updates, but here how things can play out for individuals:
          • There are changes but whatever they are don't really add value
          • There are some nicieties
          • There are major differences and new things you use
          I would be curious where you are on that continuum ... this version vs homeseer...from your actual use if that's possible.
          Last edited by pbibm; August 26, 2011, 11:01 AM.
          Paul

Comment

... [text clipped] <TEXT clipped>...
            I would be curious where you are on that continuum ... this version vs homeseer...from your actual use if that's possible.
            Sorry, I've only ever used v128 on my TXB16, thus my desire to find the v128 installer again. It was available when I installed the TXB16 (e'er so long ago...) so I never even loaded v105 (or any other version), so I can't speak as to the differences.

I don't understand why HST never put the newer v128 on the updater, either?

Thanks again.
            Steve

Comment

Sorry, I've only ever used v128 on my TXB16, thus my desire to find the v128 installer again. It was available when I installed the TXB16 (e'er so long ago...) so I never even loaded v105 (or any other version), so I can't speak as to the differences.

I don't understand why HST never put the newer v128 on the updater, either?.
              Because of the raw number of plugins they have to support, and this one being written by a third party developer, I think they needed to stick with an old standby version that was known well. As you indicate, for most people x10 is in the tail lights. There are really no new features to support and no interest in changing it or the risk of changes to .128 needed fixes.
              Paul

Comment

Paul

Many thanks for this....
                Starting fresh with HS2 and the RCS X10 plugin in the installer just wasn't working for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                X