X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Cat View Post
    Absolutely serious.

HS has no sequence equivalent.
    I went and re-familiarized myself with sequences on RTSs website. I think having "sequences" could be possible in HS, but my base gut thoughts would be to split up "sequences" into multiple trigger/condition types. While I think it would be possible to allow a user to enter a string like Richard has and then parse it, I think it would lend itself to typos.

Note that these can all be done with timers and counters which are built into HS. Sequences are possible, but I agree, that they are harder to accomplish with the tools HS gives you (not saying that is good or bad). It's also important to remember that PLEG only deals with true/falses. So sequences are based on when presetup triggers are true or false. You can accomplish this using Virtual Devices or global variables if you wanted to.

So, these are kind of the conditions/sequences that I remember PLEG supporting (remind me if I"m missing any, it's been 2 years):

trigger1; NOW > 30:00
    Trigger1 has been true for more than 30 minutes.
    You can do this in HS now. It's built in
    Code:
    IF device A has been set to Y for at least 30 minutes
    trigger1; trigger2 > 30
    trigger 1 occurred more than 30 seconds ago.
    You can do this in HS now with existing triggers/conditions.
    Code:
    IF device A is changed and set to Y
    AND IF device B has been Z for at least 30 seconds.
    trigger1; trigger 2 > 30 < 5:00
    trigger1 occurred more than 30 seconds before trigger2, but not more than 5 minutes from trigger2.
    This one is harder in Homeseer. It requires you to set up multiple events to start timers, but it is possible.
    event 1 (start timer when device A is set to a value)
    Code:
    IF device A is set to Y
    THEN restart timer1
    event 2 (stop time if device a changes)
    Code:
    IF device A is change and is not Y
    THEN stop timer
    event 3 (main event)
    Code:
    IF device B is set to Z
    AND IF device A has been set to Y for more than 30 seconds
    AND IF timer 1 is less than 5 Minutes
    THEN...
    now you could potentially do this in a plugin as 1 condition/trigger to make it easier on the user, but I'm not sure how many people would use it:
    Code:
    IF Device X is set to A after Device Y is set to B between time1 and time2
    THEN...
    To be fair, I started this post thinking sequences could be a good idea for a plugin, but as I wrote this post, I no longer believe that. I think you could easily do it with the tools HS give you with very similar results. It will take a bit more setup time (to do timers), but that's not horrible. I already do this for my front door lock: If it is unlocked 2 or more times in 10 seconds, turn off the autolock. This uses both timers and counters for the effect and was based on the sequence I had in my Vera.

Oh yeah, there is also the counter sequence thing in PLEG:

Device A is Y @ 3 < 30
    If device A is Y 3 times in less than 30 seconds then...
    I think you could do this with HS as well, but I'm about to go into a meeting and can't write it up. It is possible though. Have an event to increment a counter as long as a timer is less than a certain tima. An event to start and stop the timer and a main event which is triggered when your conditions are met. Definitely more work in HS, but same result.

Comment

Sequences are much more that timers or counters.

By using time stamps, one can determine if a series of events have occurred in sequence.

Such as:

Event1:Event2:Event3:Eventn

It is a very powerful tool to use in Automation. One such is determining direction of travel within a space (entering or exiting in a certain direction. such as a door or travel along a passage area)

Comment

Originally posted by Black Cat View Post
        Sequences are much more that timers or counters.

By using time stamps, one can determine if a series of events have occurred in sequence.

Such as:

Event1:Event2:Event3:Eventn

It is a very powerful tool to use in Automation. One such is determining direction of travel within a space (entering or exiting in a certain direction. such as a door or travel along a passage area)
        Ok, I can see how trying to do sequences with more than 2 devices could get complicated in HS, but it should still be possible. Like I said though, this will get exponentially harder the more devices you add (As you will need to track them all with counters, timers, and perhaps virtual devices). PLEG does this all for you in the background.

I think this might be a good addition either to an existing plugin or as a new one (though it would be pretty single purposed). I may give it a shot as it seems like a pretty good challenge

(sorry all for derailing the thread, I'll stop talking about this now )

Edit: I also think this would be possible using scripting as well (since you hinted at only using time stamps and you have access to them via scripting).

Comment

Getting back to the thread.

I've just tried to add HS to Vera...why everyone will ask, HS is stable and Vera has PLEG and is unstable. I'm betting on a marriage of both to run my ultimate system. But when I try a Controller shift I get an added node (82) which I can;t find in HS and a failed update in Vera.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Locks?

Comment

No, neither lock up (if thats what you mean?)

This really isn't important, it just would have been a handy and neat bridge if it could be made to work.

Vera just won't configure HS as a scene controller, Customer service has been playing around with this as it is a sandpit, so it isn't running the latest FW.

I do know they have turned Auto Configure off while they do their testing. I have another spare Vera G on UI7, it's totally unmolested so I'll give that one a try and report back.

Comment

Just to re-open this thread. I have two devices which work well in Vera and not in HS3. Is the thread above saying that I can add Vera as a secondary controller to HS3, add the two devices to Vera and then see and control them from HS3. How do they appear in HS3? To set up association's do I do this in Vera or HS3.
                I have already asked support about when they will be designed in to HS3 but I need a medium term solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogstar Warrior View Post
                  Is the thread above saying that I can add Vera as a secondary controller to HS3, add the two devices to Vera and then see and control them from HS3.
                  I was never able to get it to work like this (where I could see the devices in HS3). I gave up after completely screwing up both my Vera and HS3 setups multiple times. Fortunately, I was able to restore from backups. But I've had so many issues with my Vera setup that it wasn't worth this trial-and-error approach anymore (it's physically difficult to access my problematic nodes and re-configure to Vera).

Perhaps the bridging solution using Imperihome could work for you?

I've gotten used to treating the Vera and HS3 networks completely independently. If I really felt compelled to try again, then the smarter approach would be to test on a spare Vera and a separate HS3 installation.

Comment

The good news is I can get chance to try it. I am moving house so I can have two blank z-wave networks to work with. I reckon I will try to add Vera to a clean HS3 and then add the devices to Vera. If that works I add everything else to HS3. If and when HomeSeer add support for these devices I remove Vera from HS3 and I am done.
                    Fingers crossed.

Comment

Let us know what you find. I tried a little bit to get the Vera into HS but ended up giving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogstar Warrior View Post
                        Just to re-open this thread. I have two devices which work well in Vera and not in HS3. Is the thread above saying that I can add Vera as a secondary controller to HS3, add the two devices to Vera and then see and control them from HS3. How do they appear in HS3? To set up association's do I do this in Vera or HS3.
                        I have already asked support about when they will be designed in to HS3 but I need a medium term solution.
                        As an old Vera user... i'm curious what the two devices are?

Comment

I knew someone would ask :-)

I have a Sunricher 4 channel RGBW wall mounted controller and an RGBW LED controller. The LED controller worked on Vera after I changed the json and xml files to match those used by the Fibaro RGBW controller. The wall controller worked out of the box except that it created 4 'ghost' devices which were hideable.
                          I particularly want the wall controller as there does not appear to anything else like it on the market at the moment. I don't want to have to pick up a remote control or my phone to control lighting.

Unfortunately, I have been thinking about what I suggested doing above and I don't think it can work. If I make Vera a secondary controller it cannot then add new devices (I don't think). That said, I don't believe it will matter too much as Sunricher are getting their z-wave certification within the next couple of months after which HomeSeer should add them as specific devices. Until then, I believe they will work within Homeseer except for the reporting status.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully I can get some information on the same topic, but with the newer software/hardware. I have an old Vera Secure and when I purchased Homeseer (Windows), I moved everything to Homeseer and created all new events then reset the Vera Secure. What I would like to do is add the Vera Secure as a secondary z-wave interface/controller so that it can directly communicate with some of my devices that don't support instant status over mesh hops. If I add a new interface in Homeseer and point it to the IP of my Vera Secure with various ports, I get nothing (interface remains disabled). If I use port 80, I get the error icon on the enable/disable button. I've tried sending network information to another controller from Homeseer, but my Vera Secure gives a "delivery failed" message when I click on "Copy Z-Wave network from a primary controller". Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong or is this just not possible to configure the system this way?

Comment

Working...
                            X