15000 events generated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15000 events generated

Somehow a lot of events (delayed) have been created in my system.
    And I do not know how to remove them, as I am not able to open the Delayed Events group, it just hangs on Loading...

I have tried to restart, and have now disabled a lot of my events, that might have caused this.

mar-28 14:26:59 Error Failed to generate an event reference ID for the event being added to HomeSeer.
    mar-28 14:26:59 Error Too many events, cannot create more than 9000 events
    mar-28 14:26:58 Error Too many events, cannot create more than 9000 events
    mar-28 14:26:48 Error Failed to generate an event reference ID for the event being added to HomeSeer.
    mar-28 14:26:48 Error Too many events, cannot create more than 9000 events
    mar-28 14:26:48 Error Too many events, cannot create more than 9000 events
    mar-28 14:26:39 Error Failed to generate an event reference ID for the event being added to HomeSeer.
    mar-28 14:26:39 Error Too many events, cannot create more than 9000 events
    mar-28 14:26:39 Error Too many events, cannot create more than 9000 events

and from the startup log:

mar-28 14:05:10 Load Config Loading COUNTERS...
    mar-28 14:05:10 Load Config 15922 total events loaded.
    mar-28 14:05:09 Load Config Error: An event was found with an invalid event reference. --- Event: Delayed Events Vi legger oss (Delayed Event) - 4417
    mar-28 14:05:06 Load Config Loading Events...
    mar-28 14:05:06 Load Config Loading Event Groups...

Current Date/Time: 28.03.2018 14:39:32
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 34 Minutes 22 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.10.169
    Number of Devices: 73
    Number of Events: 15922
    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.1.6: JowiHue
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM

Comment

Some data points may help...
      • When a delayed event is created, it is created with a specific time trigger (current time+delay) and is placed in the Delayed Events group. If HomeSeer is not running or if any other problem prevents it from triggering at the time is should, it will be orphaned until that time tomorrow.
      • With 15,000 events in that group, it is likely HomeSeer will not be able to deal with it. Loading a backup database file from before the Delayed Events were created will get you back to a point where they can be managed. There is a backup created each time HomeSeer is started and an underscore and a number (1-10) is appended to the filename. You can look through these and find a date stamp that is appropriate. It is important to note that the numbers appended to the filenames are not necessarily in chronological order. Look at the file date stamp. Alternately if you have a separate backup, you can restore the database from that backup.
      • The fact that there were so many Events created suggests that there is a misconfigured Event with a runaway Trigger. The most likely culprit is a trigger of "This Device has been for at least...".
      The best path to solving the problem is to:
      1. Go to Setup and deselect "Enable Event Processing".
      2. Look through the log and see if you can find the name of the Event that is being set for Delayed execution.
      3. Shut down HomeSeer.
      4. Find a Database backup with a date stamp just before the problem started.
      5. Start HomeSeer and immediately go to Setup and make sure "Enable Event Processing" is still deselected so that you don't create the problem over again.
      6. See if you can figure out which Event was creating the Delayed Events and either fix or disable it.
      7. Start the Event processing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1196042
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for your help!

I renamed the last database file and that did indeed solve this event issue.

Unfortunately that file was five months old, and a lot of changes had been made since that.
        I have (and still has) to use some hours getting everything up and running again, so I guess it is a good idea to backup these files regularly and before any major changes...

Comment

Working...
        X