Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hometroller Zee S2 Crashing

Hi everyone,

I installed a brand new Zee S2 in a friend's house to start their automation journey. This is my first HomeSeer device/experience as I have used a Vera Plus in the past for my house. I decided on HomeSeer since it is what I will be moving to in the future.

I installed the Zee S2 on Thursday (the 3rd of May) and it has three Z-Wave devices paired: (2) Linear garage door opener units and (1) GE outdoor appliance module.

My friend has sent me a message about three times a day that the HSTouch app is unresponsive and they cannot log in through the myhs.homeseer.com website. It seems that the box is completely locked up. Pulling and restoring power fixes the issue for a couple hours.

There are no other plugins installed besides the default Z-Wave plugin. There are no events set up. This is a super vanilla installation in my opinion because we are waiting on a bunch of switches to come in before expanding. What's the first action I should take to start troubleshooting? The log only has entries from today and I don't have SSH access from my chair currently (friend lives about 40 miles away and isn't tech savvy enough to make that happen).

Current version is: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.435 and no updates are available.

The *only* thing about this set up that may be unusual right now is the GE outdoor appliance module is not plugged in, we are waiting on the switches to act as repeaters since it would not reach. I don't expect that a device being unplugged should crash the HomeTroller though, at least I hope not.

Thanks! Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Slightly strange - wouldn't expect it to behave like that (not a Zee expert though), how are you powering the unit? If you are using any type of third party power supply it might not be providing enough current and hanging.

Comment

What you are describing is similar to the problem I was having with my Zee S2. I RMAd my unit but had the same problem when I reloaded my configuration on the new one. Ultimately I reset the device and rebuilt my configuration from scratch. So far, everything appears to be working quite well.

Comment

I am powering the Zee with the power supply that I believe came in the box.

What steps did you take to reset your Zee?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X