Egizone error...any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egizone error...any thoughts?

I recently moved office locations to a highrise building and had been getting this error ever since. Still works fine when I go home. Any idea what this might be?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
    I recently moved office locations to a highrise building and had been getting this error ever since. Still works fine when I go home. Any idea what this might be?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Just a guess, it might be you don't have Internet on your phone, or it might be a slow 3G connection. If you can connect to WiFi in the building it might work better.

What kind of connection do you have? Can you browse the Internet on the phone?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Just a guess, it might be you don't have Internet on your phone, or it might be a slow 3G connection. If you can connect to WiFi in the building it might work better.

What kind of connection do you have? Can you browse the Internet on the phone?
      Hi Randy!

I do have both internet and decent 4G in the building.... but I wonder if it happens when I go into parking garage and/or the elevator when I arrive and leave.

Comment

Hi Randy!

I do have both internet and decent 4G in the building.... but I wonder if it happens when I go into parking garage and/or the elevator when I arrive and leave.
        It sure could. Since these apps report only once, if they do not have Internet connectivity at the moment they post, they will fail. GeoFency can be configured to present a notification when a post fails. If EGIGeoZone can do the same it might help you diagnose.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

This is a textbook situation.

I have a super duper directional Wi-Fi AP irradiating my neighbors across the street. After a certain distance the AP can communicate with my phone but not the other way around. It still keeps the connection quite a while before reverting to 4G. If EgiGeoZone tried to talk to HS while it's in this limbo state you get these errors. I just increased the radius of the fence surrounding my house a bit. Problem solved.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
            This is a textbook situation.

I have a super duper directional Wi-Fi AP irradiating my neighbors across the street. After a certain distance the AP can communicate with my phone but not the other way around. It still keeps the connection quite a while before reverting to 4G. If EgiGeoZone tried to talk to HS while it's in this limbo state you get these errors. I just increased the radius of the fence surrounding my house a bit. Problem solved.
            thanks guys... i'll try that!

Comment

I recently moved office locations to a highrise building and had been getting this error ever since. Still works fine when I go home. Any idea what this might be?...
              Make sure your phone is set to switch between WiFi and cell.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                Make sure your phone is set to switch between WiFi and cell.
                hmm.... doesn't it already do that? E.g., when i'm home and there is wifi, it uses that to reach the internet. If i'm out of wifi range, it automatically moves over to 4G?

or is there a setting in Egizone i missed? now THAT would explain it if there was....

Comment

or is there a setting in Egizone i missed?
                  Nope. The setting in EgiGeoZone are pretty simple and that isn't one of them.
                  Originally posted by rprade
                  There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

hmm.... doesn't it already do that? E.g., when i'm home and there is wifi, it uses that to reach the internet. If i'm out of wifi range, it automatically moves over to 4G?

or is there a setting in Egizone i missed? now THAT would explain it if there was....
                    Then you're fine. On some phones, there is a setting to allow the switch WiFi<--->Cell.

Comment

Working...
                    X