No announcement yet.

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Stipus, this is also what i needed...

Have tried different apps for the temp, Insteon+ does not give any temp or motion. But MyTouchHome gives the current temp of the sensor (and also motion / battery) just can't get siri to tell me,I've tried different linguistic approaches, simply won't happen, homebridge gets the temp when the command is acknowledged by siri, Siri just won't output the information.

What are you asking for when you want to know if the motionsensor is 1 or 0? (motion / no motion)

Currently trying LightSensor and ContactSensor to see if these will work.

Thanks for all your effort!

Originally posted by askme View Post
    Perfect, just what I needed to get up and running. The events ability really will I think make this powerful.
    Last edited by Valkilane; October 13, 2015, 02:42 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the Insteon+ app

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
      Hi Stipus et all,

Having 30+ real lights and switches, I need to find a good way to implement "rooms" or basically just goups as I have e.g. 4 devices named "Light" - which makes sense when combined with a room name of course, but not stand alone.
      I can make rooms/groups in the Eve and the rest of the Homekit applications, but I would like to maintain it from the homeseer data, and not store anything in the homekit.
      I have made a small script that creates my config.json from the homeseer json and use "<ROOM> <DEVICE_NAME> but there has got to be a smarter way. With this structure I cannot use "Turn off all bedroom lights" or similar.

Any good ideas anyone?

And thank you Stipus for all your work here!

/Mav
      There is a new feature in HomeBridge to add the accessory GUID to the config file. This means the GUID is not derived from the Device name, and you can have several HomeKit devices with the same name.

I 'll try to implement this. It should be easy.
      --
      stipus

Comment

Any plans for Z-Wave lock support?
        Can I just add it as some other device (switch?) and still tell Siri to lock it?

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
          There is a new feature in HomeBridge to add the accessory GUID to the config file. This means the GUID is not derived from the Device name, and you can have several HomeKit devices with the same name.

I 'll try to implement this. It should be easy.
          So GUID is a Group ID I guess, then I should be able to define that in a consistent way - that sounds like the right way to go.

/Mav

Comment

Here is a new version V0.8 of the HomeSeer platform for HomeBridge.

Changes:

All HomeSeer accessories and events have a new parameter "uuid_base"
            Set this uuid_base to an unique identifier that will never change.

homebridge will use the accessory type and accessory uuid to create the HomeKit identifier for the accessory.

pros:
            - You can then change the device name as you which, as long as you don't change uuid_base
            - You can have several HomeKit devices with the same name, as long as uuid_base is different.

cons:
            - If you set uuid_base to an already existing accessory, HomeKit will think it's a new one.

Sample configuration:

PHP Code:
                     "events":[                           // Optional - List of Events - Currently they are imported into HomeKit as switches

{

"eventGroup":"My Group",       // Required - The HomeSeer event group

"eventName":"My Event",        // Required - The HomeSeer event name

"name":"Test",                 // Optional - HomeSeer event name is the default

"uuid_base":"SomeUniqueId"     // Optional - HomeKit identifier will be derived from this parameter instead of the name

}
                     ],

"accessories":[                      // Required - List of Accessories

{

"ref":8,                        // Required - HomeSeer Device Reference (To get it, select the HS Device - then Advanced Tab) 

"type":"Lightbulb",             // Optional - Lightbulb is the default

"name":"My Light",              // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default

"offValue":"0",                 // Optional - 0 is the default

"onValue":"100",                // Optional - 100 is the default

"can_dim":true,                 // Optional - true is the default - false for a non dimmable lightbulb

"uuid_base":"SomeUniqueId2"     // Optional - HomeKit identifier will be derived from this parameter instead of the name

}, 
            Attached Files
            --
            stipus

Comment

Originally posted by AllanMar View Post
              Any plans for Z-Wave lock support?
              Can I just add it as some other device (switch?) and still tell Siri to lock it?
              I asked many times on this thread to send me the HomeSeer device list for your lock, and the list of values for each device.

I need several samples of this before I can code lock support.
              --
              stipus

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
                Hi Stipus et all,

Having 30+ real lights and switches, I need to find a good way to implement "rooms" or basically just goups as I have e.g. 4 devices named "Light" - which makes sense when combined with a room name of course, but not stand alone.
                I can make rooms/groups in the Eve and the rest of the Homekit applications, but I would like to maintain it from the homeseer data, and not store anything in the homekit.
                I have made a small script that creates my config.json from the homeseer json and use "<ROOM> <DEVICE_NAME> but there has got to be a smarter way. With this structure I cannot use "Turn off all bedroom lights" or similar.

Any good ideas anyone?

And thank you Stipus for all your work here!

/Mav
                HomeBridge is a HomeKit Accessory Server.
                This means it only advertises a list of accessories.
                There is no way to advertise a room, or tell HomeKit that one of the advertised accessories should be in a specific room. HomeKit Accessory Servers do not know anything about rooms.

The only way is to recreate the room list in a HomeKit IOS application.

It's possible to create a IOS application, that would connect to HomeSeer, then use the HomeKit API to create all rooms, sync rooms from HomeSeer. But HomeBridge is not an IOS application and cannot have such feature.
                --
                stipus

Comment

I asked many times on this thread to send me the HomeSeer device list for your lock, and the list of values for each device.

I need several samples of this before I can code lock support.
                  Oops, didn't notice that.
                  I've emailed you screenshots of mine. I only have 1 brand of lock (Kwikset). Let me know if you need anymore info on it.

Comment

Thank you. I'll need one or two other different locks, and I think I can start coding something
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

Good news on the Win32 front: I have the latest version up & running with the new homeseer accessory. In the next few days I will test my version and try to package it into one .zip file, which can be run on any win32 machine.

Comment

Bravo !!!!
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Thank you. I'll need one or two other different locks, and I think I can start coding something
                          Thanks. Any thoughts towards alarm systems?
                          I use ELK M1G with the UltraM1G plugin (not sure if that's too niche).

Comment

Originally posted by AllanMar View Post
                            Thanks. Any thoughts towards alarm systems?
                            I use ELK M1G with the UltraM1G plugin (not sure if that's too niche).
                            I am working on events fronting my Alarm system interactions (well plugin interactions) that I will use to interact rather than expose my alarm system directly. The idea is to manage all the basics (arm, disarm, panic, status, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by ewillems View Post
                              Good news on the Win32 front: I have the latest version up & running with the new homeseer accessory. In the next few days I will test my version and try to package it into one .zip file, which can be run on any win32 machine.
                              Fantastic. I was just thinking about packaging up my VirtualBox VM for others now that it is working, but would jump at native Win32 bundle.

Comment

Big Thanks to Rupp for changing the title of this thread!

Originally posted by ewillems View Post
                                This is great news in deed! Thanks
                                Tom
                                baby steps...starting again with HS3
                                HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                                HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                                Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                                In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                                System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Working...
                                X