This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Create Email or Text Messages with HomeSeer Device Values in HS3

Here's a quick one for you... Let's say you wish to receive text messages that include the value of a HomeSeer device (like thermostat temperature). Here's what to do:
    1. Open the Device Mgmt (or "Home") Screen and find the device you with to monitor.
    2. Click on the name of this device and then click on the "Advanced" tab. Locate the Reference ID in the first row and copy the value to your clipboard (let's pretend the value is 1234)
    3. Create and event and choose "Send an Email" as your action. When you compose the Email, include this text Thermostat temp is $$DSR:1234:

That should do it. Test the event by clicking the run button.
    Last edited by macromark; May 11, 2015, 12:11 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Is there a way to include many at once? A range of variables? And have the name of the device also loaded automatically?

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
      Is there a way to include many at once? A range of variables? And have the name of the device also loaded automatically?
      You can include as many variables as you want. The device names would have top be hard coded into the email body, unless you use scripting. since you will be hard coding the variables, putting the device name in at the same time would be the easiest. This is from one of my Pushover messages, but it can also be in the body of an email.
      Attached Files
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy,

So just a little effort of writing them all in - I was hoping the device manager page had a checkbox to see the ref ID, but it does add to being cumbersome to find it for each one.
        A script would be nice - I am hoping to see what zone is opened on envisalink without having to create for each one. But your way will work

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
          Thanks Randy,

So just a little effort of writing them all in - I was hoping the device manager page had a checkbox to see the ref ID, but it does add to being cumbersome to find it for each one.
          A script would be nice - I am hoping to see what zone is opened on envisalink without having to create for each one. But your way will work

In Setup -> Custom there is a check box you can select that will show all of the ID's on the device management page. I always leave this selected as it makes this kind of thing a LOT easier. For some reason though it unchecks itself from time to time. :/
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I'm on .208
            Is that new for your version S-F? I only see address, type or image. But no REF ID.

Comment

Working...
            X