No announcement yet.

CM15A: Receive Command trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately none of the X15 problems I reported on Bugzilla have been addressed since HS3 was released. Even the typo I reported in the pull down menu "CM15A: recieve command" hasn't been corrected.
    I can only assume HomeSeer doesn't care about CM15A users, maybe hoping they all switch to Z-wave.

Comment

CM15A Bugzilla

Upgraded to HS3 Pro and thought I was doing the right thing.

I use a X10 multi switch as a controller near the bed to allow me to trigger various things from the bedroom. X10 commands are controlled by the CM15A, all worked fine in HS2, when I pushed the All Units OFF command the result was all X10 devices go off AND all Z-Wave lights would go off, AND my alarm would be set to arm.

BUT not so in HS3 Pro.

No commands getting relayed IF received by the CM15A, Z-Wave devices do not respond nor will my DSC alarm system ? After much browsing this user group I found this thread & Bugzilla report.

It is absurd that this has gone on for almost a year with this bug report and no fix by HomeSeer ???
      I notice HomeSeer sure can process your Credit Card right away when you spend your hard earned cash to upgrade !!

Come on HomeSeer lets have some support here please !

Comment

Any fix for this yet ?

Originally posted by The Ol Alfer View Post
        Upgraded to HS3 Pro and thought I was doing the right thing.

I use a X10 multi switch as a controller near the bed to allow me to trigger various things from the bedroom. X10 commands are controlled by the CM15A, all worked fine in HS2, when I pushed the All Units OFF command the result was all X10 devices go off AND all Z-Wave lights would go off, AND my alarm would be set to arm.

BUT not so in HS3 Pro.

No commands getting relayed IF received by the CM15A, Z-Wave devices do not respond nor will my DSC alarm system ? After much browsing this user group I found this thread & Bugzilla report.

It is absurd that this has gone on for almost a year with this bug report and no fix by HomeSeer ???
        I notice HomeSeer sure can process your Credit Card right away when you spend your hard earned cash to upgrade !!

Come on HomeSeer lets have some support here please !
        Just wondering but this was posted 2 years ago, has there been any fix that I may have missed in another thread about the commands received by the CM15A being forward to other devices ???

Thanks

Comment

No fix seen yet

I am phasing out the CM15A in a week or so. Very disapointed in HS.
          Looking for replacement for HS but cant find a good replacement yet. If I find it i'll be gone.

Comment

Gentlemen, HomeSeer decided quite some time ago to no longer support their X10 plugins (named "X10" & "CM15A"), so I volunteered to attempt to support them in my spare time. Sorry that I did not see this thread earlier.

I have posted a couple of beta versions of the CM15a plugin for Windows (https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185551) but neither of those address the issue you are reporting.

I will look into this shortly and see if I can get it resolved.
            Last edited by mfisher; June 10, 2017, 10:29 AM.
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Please install and try BETA v3.0.0.11 and let me know if this resolves the issue for you.
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

Comment

@Mark,

Just noticed that I got a bugzilla review of this ticket and closure of this ticket. I didn't even know that bugzilla was even still running.

That said there are users today here using Mark's CM15A plugin just fine.

Here personally testing the CM11A / Mark's X10 plugin to work just fine.

No need to abandon Homeseer 3 / X10.

Googling Ebay seeing CM11A for as little as $5 USD. If you are using a PC with only USB ports the CM11A works fine with the multitude of USB to serial cables available.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi Pete,

Yes, BugZilla is still running and being used. After addressing the bug mentioned above, I had a little time to review the X10 plugin bugs and found that many of the issues have been addressed, so I notified the reporters and closed those that were resolved.

I sure appreciate your help and kind words!
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

Comment

Working...
                  X