• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get device which triggered an event?

I have several events like:
    If Battery1 is Set to less than 25%
    Or If Battery2 is Set to less than 25%
    Then Email "Low Battery"

I'd like to get something like a Replacement Variable that I could use in the email to let me know if it was Battery1 or Battery2 that triggered the event.

Any help?

Originally posted by KurtLutterman View Post
    I have several events like:
    If Battery1 is Set to less than 25%
    Or If Battery2 is Set to less than 25%
    Then Email "Low Battery"

I'd like to get something like a Replacement Variable that I could use in the email to let me know if it was Battery1 or Battery2 that triggered the event.

Any help?
    There is really no way to know which device triggered the event if there are multiple triggers. I include replacement variables for all involved trigger devices if I am sending a Pushover or email alert.

For my thermostat battery alert I have all eight battery devices as triggers then use this as the body of my message:

Downstairs Bathroom - $$DSR:222: Living Room - $$DSR:169: Master BR - $$DSR:1583: Michelle's Office - $$DSR:200: Media Room - $$DSR:232: Spare Room - $$DSR:210: Upstairs Bathroom - $$DSR:1217: Back Porch - $$DSR:189:

This post has a nice little formatted battery report email script attached

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...80#post1318880

The only other way is to build a single trigger event for each device, then you would know what device caused the trigger.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      For my thermostat battery alert I have all eight battery devices as triggers then use this as the body of my message:

Downstairs Bathroom - $$DSR:222: Living Room - $$DSR:169: Master BR - $$DSR:1583: Michelle's Office - $$DSR:200: Media Room - $$DSR:232: Spare Room - $$DSR:210: Upstairs Bathroom - $$DSR:1217: Back Porch - $$DSR:189:
      Randy, what is the difference between using $$DSA and $$DSR. I currently use $$DSA and it works. What does $$DSR give you? thanks. Sorry to go off subject a little.

Comment

It's how the device is referenced, name, code, ref#
        Attached Files
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Mike. I have not seen that document before. It will be helpful now and down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
            Randy, what is the difference between using $$DSA and $$DSR. I currently use $$DSA and it works. What does $$DSR give you? thanks. Sorry to go off subject a little.
            While Mike answered, I will elaborate a little. I prefer to use ReferenceID to address because it is shorter and not all devices have an address. All devices have a RefID, it is always numeric and 4 digits or less. Internally HomeSeer only uses the RefID, so I find sticking with it is more consistent. Now that there is a column containing RefID that can be enabled it is also easy.

Also, you cannot change the RefID so you cannot break the message. Addresses and Codes can be changed on devices.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              While Mike answered, I will elaborate a little. I prefer to use ReferenceID to address because it is shorter and not all devices have an address. All devices have a RefID, it is always numeric and 4 digits or less. Internally HomeSeer only uses the RefID, so I find sticking with it is more consistent. Now that there is a column containing RefID that can be enabled it is also easy.

Also, you cannot change the RefID so you cannot break the message. Addresses and Codes can be changed on devices.
              Thanks Randy, I think I will change mine to the RefID. I will look for the column selection in setup. thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X