Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro relay unknown status

Hi
    I've just added a couple of Fibaro FGS-222 dual relay units to my relatively new HS3 Pro installation. Detection went OK and I can control the switch relays both locally with the attached switch and from HS.
    My problem is that the Binary Switch status reports 'Unknown' for all relays.
    If i switched on the relay from HS, the status would briefly show the correct on/off status for around a second then revert to Unknown.
    Following other threads I have found on this board, I removed the Group 1 and Group 2 associations and re-added them with 'No Endpoint' specified. All 5 groups are associated with HS. This has improved things a little. Now the correct status is shown for around 20 minutes after changing the relay state then it reverts back to Unknown.

When I paired the devices to my HS controller I did it in the same room as the controller (that was the only way I could detect them) and I think the status was reported successfully at that time. I then moved them to the installation locations which are quite a way from the controller (outside in a garage and in the attic of a 2 storey house. Neither devices have direct connectivity to the controller but they each have two neighbors which in turn have good connectivity to the controller.

Connectivity tests work fine and I have optimised numerous times.
    Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem?

HS Pro 3.0.0.297 (Windows)
    FGS-222 Firmware 3.2
    Techniku USB z-wave controller 4.05 (ZDK 6.51.6) - using Z-Wave.me UZB interface model.
    Z-Wave plugin 4.05
    Attached Files

not Z+

I've just realised that the USB z-wave device I have isn't Z-wave Plus as I originally thought it was
    I do actually have a spare z+ device so I ought to get it swapped over in case that is causing some of the issues.
    I read a thread from a few years ago that basically said I had to remove and re-add every device as there wasn't an easy migration option between controllers.

Is that still the case?

Comment

Originally posted by gob View Post
      I've just realised that the USB z-wave device I have isn't Z-wave Plus as I originally thought it was
      I do actually have a spare z+ device so I ought to get it swapped over in case that is causing some of the issues.
      I read a thread from a few years ago that basically said I had to remove and re-add every device as there wasn't an easy migration option between controllers.

Is that still the case?
      If your new controller is something like the UZB or a Z-Net then it's relatively simple to BackUp the config from the old controller and restore it to the new.

Search the board and you'll find examples of how it is done
      Nicolai L

Comment

Hi,

I have a similiar issue. How you manage to resolve it?

Comment

hi

one of them seems to have sorted itself out but the other is still flakey.
          not sure how.

I don't really trust these devices for anything critical and now just use a single relay on each.

Comment

I've had a struggle with fibaro double switch gen2 to the point I wouldn't recommend them to anyone to use with homeseer.
            I've never had one fail but just can't trust them as they don't seem to update correctly in homeseer.
            Also the power monitoring doesn't work.

Comment

it is very frustrating for me too as I just resolve my fgs 223 issue and now my fgs 212 v2.2 also has the status update issue. The support reply is very slow. By the way I am not sure how can homeseer called their controller "advanced" since it just can't do even the most basic thing like status update correctly. The 90 smarthing hub can do this.

Comment

Working...
              X