This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
    Can I open another tab(s) and update multiple switches at the same time.
    trouble-maker...
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        trouble-maker...
        Lol.

Comment

The dimmers I just bought have firmware 5.16, but the one available for download is still 5.14. Did I receive switches with beta firmware or has the download here just not been updated or what?

What has changed between 5.14 and 5.16?

Comment

You probably don't need 5.16, the only change was addition of instant status (which you get already with HomeSeer), and some changes for better dimming with some LED bulbs. We are working on an update issue with this version and once that is fixed we will post the latest.

Originally posted by Doug Meredith View Post
            The dimmers I just bought have firmware 5.16, but the one available for download is still 5.14. Did I receive switches with beta firmware or has the download here just not been updated or what?

What has changed between 5.14 and 5.16?

Comment

Hi Mark,

Did this version add the capability to leave one LED on when the switch is off so you can find it in the dark? I remember when I picked one of these up at your facility to try out I was told that was coming in the next firmware version.

Thanks.

Comment

5.16 doesn't give you the ability to leave on LED on.

Comment

No, we did not add that, we are considering it, but no plans as of yet.

Originally posted by ufd108 View Post
                  Hi Mark,

Did this version add the capability to leave one LED on when the switch is off so you can find it in the dark? I remember when I picked one of these up at your facility to try out I was told that was coming in the next firmware version.

Thanks.

Comment

That's disappointing. Seems like a trivial feature to add, and one that many users want.

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks.
                      Hi, was this added in the latest firmware?

Comment

No, this was not added. We are taking it under advisement.

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
                        Hi, was this added in the latest firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          No, this was not added. We are taking it under advisement.
                          You guys have been saying, you're taking it under advisement for like a year now. It's a super easy feature to add and a lot of people have been asking for it. Can you please get this implemented sooner than later?

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
                            You guys have been saying, you're taking it under advisement for like a year now. It's a super easy feature to add and a lot of people have been asking for it. Can you please get this implemented sooner than later?
                            I have to concur. This is like a few lines of code (I know; although I'm a hardware engineer I have written plenty of code in my day, including embedded micros), and a feature that other vendors have. I don't understand the "advisement." It's not like we are requesting that the switch scratch our backs and make the coffee...

Later this year I will be replacing all my old GE switches with newer technology, and without this feature I will look elsewhere.

Comment

Later this year I will be replacing all my old GE switches with newer technology, and without this feature I will look elsewhere.

I have yet to purchase a single one of these switches for this very reason. My GE switches work well enough I guess. It's a big investment to buy the dozen or so switches I need and I'm not going to make it until the they function AT LEAST as well for me as what I currently have.
                              Originally posted by rprade
                              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

The HS-WS100+ units I have been buying have all been showing up with 5.16 loaded on them, but the download page only offers 5.14 for the WSs.
                                Last edited by scorp508; May 25, 2017, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X