what is this error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is this error message

Had a total panic attack yesterday when my system went down (HS3 on win10). started when none of my IH tablets would connect any longer. after some futzing, it started to work again.... investigating IP issues at my router.

In the investigation I keep seeing this error... any idea what it is:

ERROR System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): The specified network name is no longer available at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HSPI_ImperiHome.ISSServerCustom.HandleRequest(HttpListenerCo ntext ctx)

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
    Had a total panic attack yesterday when my system went down (HS3 on win10). started when none of my IH tablets would connect any longer. after some futzing, it started to work again.... investigating IP issues at my router.

In the investigation I keep seeing this error... any idea what it is:

ERROR System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): The specified network name is no longer available at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HSPI_ImperiHome.ISSServerCustom.HandleRequest(HttpListenerCo ntext ctx)

I think I have seen that error before when the tablet in question was disconnected and IH doesn't like it so it keeps posting errors until hell freezes over or HS3 crashes

A more forgiving handling of missing devices would be better. Post a communication error message, then retry in 1 minute. If this continues for 5 minutes, block the device and put a visual indicator in the plug in, then hourly post a device error status in the log.

Comment

This error means the IH app is sending a request to the plug-in, but by the time the plug-in try to answers it, the IH app is no longer online or reachable.

Although, I can't replicate this error, I think you can safely ignore it. Do you use IH on iOS or Android?

I think I have seen that error before when the tablet in question was disconnected and IH doesn't like it so it keeps posting errors until hell freezes over or HS3 crashes
      If you see this error, it means IH is sending a request to the plug-in. I doubt you can see it several time in a row. Please provide some trace logs if you do.

A more forgiving handling of missing devices would be better. Post a communication error message, then retry in 1 minute. If this continues for 5 minutes, block the device and put a visual indicator in the plug in, then hourly post a device error status in the log.
      Well, this is not exactly how it works. The plug-in is the server, and the IH app is the client. The plug-in never tries to send anything to the IH app by itself, it is always an answer to a request originated from IH. (Except if you are using the Control API on Android)

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        This error means the IH app is sending a request to the plug-in, but by the time the plug-in try to answers it, the IH app is no longer online or reachable.

Although, I can't replicate this error, I think you can safely ignore it. Do you use IH on iOS or Android?

If you see this error, it means IH is sending a request to the plug-in. I doubt you can see it several time in a row. Please provide some trace logs if you do.

Well, this is not exactly how it works. The plug-in is the server, and the IH app is the client. The plug-in never tries to send anything to the IH app by itself, it is always an answer to a request originated from IH. (Except if you are using the Control API on Android)
        In my case that is exactly how I run it using the Control API on Android

Comment

[QUOTE=spud;1308455]This error means the IH app is sending a request to the plug-in, but by the time the plug-in try to answers it, the IH app is no longer online or reachable.

QUOTE]

thanks. not seeing it again, and it was definitely when i was having some znet connectivity problems. I had seen this error after i cleared that up, but it was soon after, and i don't see it since. i'll keep an eye out.

Comment

Working...
          X