Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Micro Smart Switch/Dimmer G2 Not Added to Network Properly

Hello All,

I'm seeing issues with adding new Aeotec G2 Micro Smart Switches or Dimmers to my Z-Wave network. I set up the majority of my network a year or so ago and haven't done much with it since this past winter. I recently upgraded to the required HS3 and Z-Wave plugin (HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318 (Linux), Z-Wave Plugin 3.0.1.130) to run ZSeer+ when it came out. More recently, added several devices to my network, including: 3 Enbrighten Z-Wave+ bulbs, 1 Aeotec MultiSensor 6, 1 GE Z-Wave Plus Switch, 2 Aeotec Micro Smart Dimmers G2, and 1 Aeotec Micro Smart Switch G2. Everything works great (including the ~70 existing nodes on the network) except the new Micro Smart Dimmers/Switch. For some reason, when they get added (or rescanned) I get "5 out of 6 Child devices", which is odd, since there are only 5 child devices for these to begin with. Also, I can't change the reporting group for Volts or Watts. Most strange is that, after I enable instant notifications, the on/off events from flipping the physical switches connected to the Aeotecs are for the Root device not the switch child device.

I've also tried updating to the latest beta Z-Wave plugin (3.0.1.137) with no luck.

Does anyone out there have any advice for correcting this? I strongly suspect there's a regression in the Z-Wave Plugin causing this, but I don't really know how to test or confirm that, except to start rolling back to older revs of the plugin to see what happens (assuming I can find them to download).

Thanks.

So... On August 9th, I opened a ticket with Homeseer and sent them the requested information about my system. After that initial interaction I have received no update from anyone at Homeseer. I have since rolled back to Z-Wave Plugin v 3.0.1.87 ad am now able to correctly interact with my Aeotec Micro Switches/Dimmers.

I have asked for updates several times on my ticket and received nothing, not even a "go pound sand" from them. Is this typical for something that is obviously an issue?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X