Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security Remote hardware needed for security system?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Remote hardware needed for security system?

I read the documentation that showed how the software security system worked, but I can't get it to work for me.

I don't have a security remote, but I manually set the Security System State device to "Armed/Away" and it changed on the Homeseer screen. However, when I open any of the DS-10 equipped doors, the door sensors go to "alert" status, but nothing happens to the Security Alarm State device, it stays in the "normal" state.

Do you actually have to have the security remote device to change the state of the Security System State device, to get it to work, or can you change it from within Homeseer?

Thanks,

Gayle

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gayle Snedecor:
    I read the documentation that showed how the software security system worked, but I can't get it to work for me.

I don't have a security remote, but I manually set the Security System State device to "Armed/Away" and it changed on the Homeseer screen. However, when I open any of the DS-10 equipped doors, the door sensors go to "alert" status, but nothing happens to the Security Alarm State device, it stays in the "normal" state.

Do you actually have to have the security remote device to change the state of the Security System State device, to get it to work, or can you change it from within Homeseer?

Thanks,

Gayle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right now only security remotes can arm the system. When I put it in I wasn't sure if I should allow outside arming or not... If you can see a need for it I can add it.

Jon
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

It might be a good idea to allow people to ARM the system outside the security remotes to allow a simple button push to arm the system on the way out the door. Disarming is another thing; I don't think that is too smart

Jim

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeport:
        It might be a good idea to allow people to ARM the system outside the security remotes to allow a simple button push to arm the system on the way out the door. Disarming is another thing; I don't think that is too smart

Jim<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can (whith the release version). Simply setup an event that triggers on whatever it is you want to arm the system (say even every night at 11:00pm). The event just has to change the Security system state value to 3 or 4 (armed home or away).

Jon
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
        X