Z-Net Not Discovered by find.homeseer.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Net Not Discovered by find.homeseer.com

One of my Z-Net interfaces is not being discovered by find.homeseer.com. The other two units and the HS3 server are visible. I can see that the router has assigned an IP address and if I use "Ethernet Interface" and the IP address I can get the Z-Net box to sign in.

Does anyone have an idea as to why this device is not being seen by find.homeseer? I will soon be sending this Z-Net controller to a remote site and I'd like to change the IP address before it leaves here. find.homeseer.com is the only way I know to make that change.
    Last edited by jimbtv; June 6, 2017, 11:14 AM.

Can you open the administration page in a web browser? http://znet_ip/ If so, is it configured for static or DHCP? If static, default route needs to be set to the address of your router.
    There is another parameter that needs to be correct as well: DNS server address; however this can't be set from the admin page. To get this set, you'd need to configure to DHCP (so it can get the DNS server address from the router), then you can restore the static address.
    (For this reason, I'd recommend using DHCP, with address reservations in the router).
    Another thing I can think of that could be wrong is a failed update. The update process doesn't do any error checking, so can be prone to this. To reapply the latest update, visit http://znet_ip/Main/Emergency.php

Comment

Great advice - thank you. I was able to access the controller through the browser and the IP address but it took a long time - maybe 30 seconds. Once in I was able to redo the configuration.

I was using both Router IP Reservation in the modem and static IP in the controller but that may have been causing a conflict. I released the controller IP back to DHCP and it again showed-up on the "find" list.

Thanks again for your prompt advice.

Comment

Same problem here, I can access the Z-net by typing the IP into the browser (DHCP reservation in the router), but HS3 on Windows 10 can't find it, nor can find.homeseer.com. When I try to enable it after adding the device in the Z-wave plugin I just get the spinning circle, then "Interface init failed: Timeout looking for Z-Wave interface." It also displays the wrong IP address shown in the attached screenshot.

Not a very auspicious start for a Homeseer noob.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lifespeed View Post
          Same problem here, I can access the Z-net by typing the IP into the browser (DHCP reservation in the router), but HS3 on Windows 10 can't find it, nor can find.homeseer.com. When I try to enable it after adding the device in the Z-wave plugin I just get the spinning circle, then "Interface init failed: Timeout looking for Z-Wave interface."
          Your second problem is a result of the first -- for interface model "Homeseer Z-Net Ethernet", the plugin uses the same search results as the find.homeseer.com page to set the Z-Net IP address. So if find isn't working, the plugin won't connect either.
          First lets try to get you connected. In the interface model selector, choose "Ethernet Interface" instead. Then enter the IP address of the Z-Net and port 2001. See if that lets you connect.

Comment

Changing Interface Model to "Ethernet Interface" allowed HS3 Z-wave plugin to find it, thanks. The light went from red to green and device information was displayed by HS3 software. find.homeseer.com still doesn't find it, however. I suppose it should, but I'm not sure that will cause me problems connecting Z-wave devices to the Z-net.

Comment

Originally posted by lifespeed View Post
              Changing Interface Model to "Ethernet Interface" allowed HS3 Z-wave plugin to find it, thanks. The light went from red to green and device information was displayed by HS3 software. find.homeseer.com still doesn't find it, however. I suppose it should, but I'm not sure that will cause me problems connecting Z-wave devices to the Z-net.
              No you should be fine. You can debug the find.homeseer.com issue independantly if you want, but that won't interfere with the primary function.
              If you do want to look at the issue, on the Z-Net admin web page make sure the network is set to DHCP and has been rebooted if that was changed.

Comment

Working...
              X